Wanted 80's/90's 56 x 56 steel road bike/frameset wanted

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,

as per the title really, i'm looking for a 56cm square lightweight steel frameset or bike that has mudguard eyes. Something in higher end Columbus or Reynolds tubing with good condition paintwork would be ideal, particularly if it's local to me in Suffolk, although if you've got something you're prepared to post that'd be great.

Let me know if you can help.

Cheers Matt

I've an ex display Roux Menthe 'black', Reynolds 525 frameset (AFAICT it's the same frame as the Ribble 525), carbon forks (alu steerer), 27.2 pin, 3 pairs of bottle cage mounts, has seperate mudguard and rack eyelets at the dropouts and rack eyelets on the seat stays.
56cm c-c top tube, and an actual 55.5cm c-t with sloping top tube. Headtube is 15.5cm (excluding headset cups), steerer length is approx 24.5cm and there's about 30mm of spacers under the stem.
The guards it came with you could get a measured 31mm tyre underneath, these were a pair of Panaracer EVO A 28mm which came up to 31mm on 17mm internal rim, never fitted bigger without the guards but expect it to be in the 34/35mm range.

There are some scratches on the underside of the non driveside chainstay from where the bike was clamped up on the stand but otherwise the paintwork is immaculate.
I'd bought this so my son could go touring with me but that fizzled out quicker than a cheap 1970s firework and its been in my spare room since.

£275 collected form Letchworth Garden City, £290 posted via parcelforce.

Hi Tony,

thanks for taking the time to respond to my request, the frameset sounds a little modern and touring oriented for my preference.

I'm really after an 80's/90's frameset in something along the lines of Columbus SLX, Neuron or Reynolds 531c, 653, 708 etc. The mudguard eyes part of the request is just so that I've got no excuse not to go out on wet days.

I'll adjust my title slightly to avoid any confusion.

Cheers Matt

Latest posts

Back