700c or 26 inch cheap wheels

LaurenceCardiff

Retro Guru
Dear RetroBike friends,

I'm a student currently in the process of building up a bike for a friend of mine to whizz her down to university every day but desperately need a pair of wheels, the only thing remaining!

Unfortunately, cost is an issue, I am looking to spend no more than forty pounds on a wheelset (ideally 700c but will accept anything really), but perhaps this is too unrealistic...your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Any condition wheels considered, I will gladly repack the hubs and clean them up etc. Also I can true them, so worse for wear wheels are welcomed. I am keen to replace broken spokes also, if it will get me a pair, or just the one, wheel.

Thank you kindly for your time,

Laurence

Wheels

Hi,

I have some Mavic MA40's on Campag hubs. At the moment they have a 6 speed regina straight thro block. The quick releases are a bit rusty but they have plenty of life left in them.

Any use for you?? Depending on how much they would cost to send I would be happy for them to go a new home for £40.

Any ideas how much postage would cost for a pair of wheels??

Cheers
Craig

Hi Lawrence :) PM'd you back just before re: mech ... I'm on it :) As for this request "I'll find you a set tomorrow ... decent 1's too .... but its gonna cost you a £5 note & a greetings card that says hello from where you are as a gift to my daughter :)"

I won't be bartered with either LOL .... Oh OK then £4.99

I will put the replacement mech in with your wheels and send together. So Lawrence, I just need a £10 Paypal for postage, and your promise of a £5 note in a greetings card for my Daughter Emily, and you can consider this request fulfilled :)

PS: You'll need inner tubes, & tyres so use the change to get some. I have some very decent spare tyres that I'll send until you get new 1's. Sorry all out of inner tubes. Wheels are Campag Xenon hubs on Campagnolo Ypsilon rims, just been rebuilt .... BUT the rear is ropey due to a missing bearing thats since turned up. I so seriously can't be bothered fighting with this set of wheels anymore ... so they're yours to fight with. They run fine without the missing bearing, but just occassionally like to let you know its missing. Anyways, the bearing will come with the package and a small jar of patience to put it back in. Laz.

Hey Lawrence ... "you still at 1 of those parties LOL". Get in touch buddy when you've read this or your PM :) Later my friend, Laz.

Back