6k a grey box bought!

Re: 6k on a grey box. What would you buy?

Thanks for that. Bit of a lottery then.

As for the passat, it needs £1200 on tyres, service and bodywork to make it tidy (Mrs THM likes a tidy acceptable to the family/neighbours/pope car) for another year. Passed it's MOT this month. Hence it has to go in a controlled fashion as I can't afford not to go to work or to be caught out and panic buy. Engine seems fine but......

Want it then?

The word on the street is that Ford have a better reputation for dpf than many manufacturers

I'd spend less on the best 1.6TDCi Ford fusion you can find... 150,000 or ten years before cam belt needs doing. I ran one for three years, spent nowt on it, it returned 63 to the gallon (my commute was 35 miles a day, half cross country, half motorway. I think it was also £30 road tax... Should get something nice around £4k (leaving plenty for your dream Gate!)

Ignore the 1.4... I had one of them in Fiesta flavour and it was less economical for me... had to work it harder on the motorway to get anywhere...

You can also get a full bike in easily without removing the front wheel (on both a Fiesta and a Fusion!)

ringo":1xk6ehmt said:
I'd spend less on the best 1.6TDCi Ford fusion you can find... 150,000 or ten years before cam belt needs doing. I ran one for three years, spent nowt on it, it returned 63 to the gallon (my commute was 35 miles a day, half cross country, half motorway. I think it was also £30 road tax... Should get something nice around £4k (leaving plenty for your dream Gate!)

Ignore the 1.4... I had one of them in Fiesta flavour and it was less economical for me... had to work it harder on the motorway to get anywhere...

You can also get a full bike in easily without removing the front wheel (on both a Fiesta and a Fusion!)

Hmmm, a bit dated. Poor reviews but other than that.

still liking focus above at present.

The History Man":z0nbntk7 said:
ringo":z0nbntk7 said:

Hmmm, a bit dated. Poor reviews but other than that.

still liking focus above at present.

read first:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/to ... ms-thread/

The 1.8 tdci is supposed to be the better one.

Re:

After an evening on auto trader it all feels a bit............

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 512

I wouldn't let low miles put you off at all. Even were there to be an increased likelihood of certain issues, in the round much more will last a hell of a lot longer.

You can 'sort' the issue anyway.

We just bought a 12 year old Mercedes 311 Traveliner BECAUSE it had very low miles, a little over 40k. It has probably more hours on the engine than anything else, and was garaged with a FSH. Looks brand new. Now if I was reading all the woe stories you find if you look or ask for them we would have missed out on a cracking vehicle.

I noted a Golf estate with little over 20k miles on Autotrader, I think it was seven years old.

No brainer.

Back