531 raleigh, which size bottom bracket ?

No Probs I've got a nice 80's Raleigh I've delayed building because of the BB and with this new info on BB's I can get it on the road soon so a big than you to yourself and Andy cheers guys have fun.....

Great, maybe others in a similar situation will get this thread
good luck with your build, which model you got ?

i've been fortunate in getting some NOS tri colour parts but still on the look out for aero stem.

Got an old turbo saddle too but it's not the look I want - thinking maybe use the the charge spoon pictured below...ti rails, so is a super comfy lighweight.

will put a propper photo thread together at some point...frame needs polishing in about a week, then do some good snaps

doing the Graeme Obree run in August and seriously thinking of rolling up on this :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC_0685.JPG
    DSC_0685.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0692.JPG
    DSC_0692.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_0694.JPG
    DSC_0694.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0696.JPG
    DSC_0696.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0698.JPG
    DSC_0698.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_0700.JPG
    DSC_0700.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 254
Re:

Hi I've got a Merlin model, I'm building some wheels for it and trying to keep it as original as I can except I'm putting on golden arrow gears as they look like they could have been original, just checked the BB and its 70x130mm, the cups are bit pitted so if I can will replace with a modern type, think you should keep the saddle till you find better the charge doesn't look right but the are very comfortable cheers

Back