2x 94 WTB Phoenix

thanks alot. but here are so many really nice bikes.
i´ll show the changes once i´ve done it.
best Kay

its the same as your i think.
i keep forgetting the sizes.
it was 12, 15 and 18 right?
its the middle one.

And thanks for the roses, but i´m nothing compared to mcada or every other WTB head.
I guess @rumpfy has the nice one with lots of patina and with the cam mounts on the chainsays right, thats my favorite! I would love to own that one.

It was a lucky coincidence when i bought my blue wtb in 98.

I wanted to buy a nice frame in my size, and a friend of mine pushed me to an offer in a bike mag.
Could have been anything else...
This was the frame with brake and seatpost. Unused condition.

I was not aware of the cult at this time.
And lucky me i was keeping through all the years. And it was never easy to get all the belonging parts for the "right" build.
In my eyes it only works with matching forks, and if you are unlucky enough to own a frame and a fork with cam mounts,...you have to get those f%&cking brakes and this nice headset and so on and so on,....
And i can tell you that i´m happy that i don´t have to buy anything like that anymore in these days. The prices are just ridiculous.

And i have to say that all the others do know a lot more of everything arround wtb and potts, cunningham and so on.
Most of all i like the feeling how it rides, the nice parts and of course now the cult, but i would not own it only because its expensive or the hype everyone makes out of it.
The feeling how i sit on the bike and how it feels is the most important reason that i still have my blue one, and bought the white.

Thanks again that you like it.
cheers Kay

Last edited:
its the same as your i think.
i keep forgetting the sizes.
it was 12, 15 and 18 right?
its the middle one.

And thanks for the roses, but i´m nothing compared to mcada or every other WTB head.
I guess @rumpfy has the nice one with lots of patina and with the cam mounts on the chainsays right, thats my favorite! I would love to own that one.

It was a lucky coincidence when i bought my blue wtb in 98.

I wanted to buy a nice frame in my size, and a friend of mine pushed me to an offer in a bike mag.
Could have been anything else...
This was the frame with brake and seatpost. Unused condition.

I was not aware of the cult at this time.
And lucky me i was keeping through all the years. And it was never easy to get all the belonging parts for the "right" build.
In my eyes it only works with matching forks, and if you are unlucky enough to own a frame and a fork with cam mounts,...you have to get those f%&cking brakes and this nice headset and so on and so on,....
And i can tell you that i´m happy that i don´t have to buy anything like that anymore in these days. The prices are just ridiculous.

And i have to say that all the others do know a lot more of everything arround wtb and potts, cunningham and so on.
Most of all i like the feeling how it rides, the nice parts and of course now the cult, but i would not own it only because its expensive or the hype everyone makes out of it.
The feeling how i sit on the bike and how it feels is the most important reason that i still have my blue one, and bought the white.

Thanks again that you like it.
cheers Kay
Agree. A bike is good for it´s engineering qualities and somehow, it´s looks. WTB, Cunningham and Potts are all about engineering and function. Those brakes were created to be better than other rim brakes. Now Potts is building w/ disc brakes because discs brake better. Period. A cult is bad for it´s lack of logic and rationality. On top of it, materialistic cults are about profiteering and neither Potts nor Cunningham see those profits. If you have a Phoenix and ride it, good for you... ride it into the ground!, but turning it into a commodity or a religious object is not fun IMO.

Here, here. And amen.

I couldn't agree more, especially when you consider the ethos they set out to build and operate WTB with, and the way they (appear) to live their lives. They seem like humble, simple, hard working people. Their genius is testament to their work ethic and vice versa. These are guys that want you to ride their bikes; who want to build you the best things they can so you can enjoy that ride.

What was the quote from Shimano (?) about Grease Guard parts lasting forever? That's a terrible business model?

Exactly.

As for your bike @wtb_rider, but that's what makes it so amazing. It's yours. You've owned it all this time, and it took all this time to get it right. That's why it's a perfect bike. It's a real bike, a real love affair. And it shows.

I haven't stopped riding mine since the moment is was ridable, and it's not even close to finished yet. It's just impossible not to.

And yeah, I'm also relieved I don't have a Type II that I need to finder a cam for. Properly scary prices right now. And how could I justify it, even if I had it?

Actually, I've ridden one now, I easily could!

Hey here is my new wtb/ suntour look alike seatpost. And the big news is that its a titanium one.
This is the most stupid and heaviest ti post in the world. And i love it!
Youre welcome!!

Cheers Kay

990247BA-BE91-42C6-8B79-DC351CA3B926.jpeg

Back