compliment !

Re: another yeti project. 1995/6 yeti sherpa ( NOW COMPLETED

Veritas_rs":2dbslyai said:
Martin!!

Great bike!!

a pleasure to watch her !

compliment !

Hi again,

Thank you very much for watching and im glad you like it..

Martin.

1995/6 yeti sherpa by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Very nice and clean build!

The frame and fork geometry of your bike appears perfectly mated. Is your Accutrax fork suspension corrected? Would you happen to know the axle to crown length?

I am curious because I have a 94 Yeti Pro FRO in the same size as yours and I am considering a rigid fork, possibly also an Accutrax if I come across one with reasonable price. Presently it has a Rockshox SID 100mm fork which is light enough and not bad but a bit long for the frame.

sd8450":aw3yw5so said:

1995/6 yeti sherpa by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Very nice and clean build!

The frame and fork geometry of your bike appears perfectly mated. Is your Accutrax fork suspension corrected? Would you happen to know the axle to crown length?

I am curious because I have a 94 Yeti Pro FRO in the same size as yours and I am considering a rigid fork, possibly also an Accutrax if I come across one with reasonable price. Presently it has a Rockshox SID 100mm fork which is light enough and not bad but a bit long for the frame.

Cheer;s for the interest and im glad you like it...

The forks came of a 1990 fro, so will be the standard answer made accu-trax, Im not too sure if the sherpa frames where suspension ready, but as you said they do mate up nicely.
This bike with these forks rides the same as the fro that the forks came off...,
I should really see if it has altered the steerer angle..

Any way, the accu-trax measure approx : 39.1cm, 'from the axle to the plate the bottom headset race sits on'...

I would like too see you pro fro :D

Bye for now.
Martin

I've just read through your project and i'm well impressed with your creation and those forks look spot with the angle so i get the feeling the frame was originally designed to take them although i do get the feeling i've seen that YETi model with rock shocks on on a number of occasions in the past but i'm loving the look of the rigids and i'm looking forward to seeing your next YETi project ;) ..

Muddy paw":2x7tg17w said:
I've just read through your project and i'm well impressed with your creation and those forks look spot with the angle so i get the feeling the frame was originally designed to take them although i do get the feeling i've seen that YETi model with rock shocks on on a number of occasions in the past but i'm loving the look of the rigids and i'm looking forward to seeing your next YETi project ;) ..

Hi,

Thank you very much for reading, and comments :D
Ive just put it against the fro and things do look the same. i have a set of manitou 1's that i might try at some time, but for now, like your good self , i love the rigid look...

I start on the fro very soon, that would have been done before now, but with this coming along, a lot of the parts that where destined for the fro have been used...
But building this has given me idea's concerning the fro, so that build will still have good parts, but will not be as bold...., hopefully just a classy build.

Any wayz, thanks again for checking my ride/thread out, i appreciate it :cool:

Will update soon.

Martin

redfern1950s":1otj1pte said:
Cheer;s for the interest and im glad you like it...

The forks came of a 1990 fro, so will be the standard answer made accu-trax, Im not too sure if the sherpa frames where suspension ready, but as you said they do mate up nicely.
This bike with these forks rides the same as the fro that the forks came off...,
I should really see if it has altered the steerer angle..

Any way, the accu-trax measure approx : 39.1cm, 'from the axle to the plate the bottom headset race sits on'...

I would like too see you pro fro :D

Bye for now.
Martin

Thanks for the details!

Here is my '94 Yeti Pro FRO with the 100mm Rockshox SID fork. This is one of the seller's pic which is better than any of the pics I have taken so far. It is obvious the fork is a bit too long for the frame.

Re:

Hi again^^^

Very nice... love the colour :cool:

I remember that being for sale, nice to see it here on RB...., good score :D

I like the way it looks, how does it ride ? i think it would look good either way albeit having suspension or the fitting of accu-trax...

Thanks redfern! I like the color too and I know it's one factor that sold me.

The ride is great and confirmed the positive reviews I've read before I got the bike. This bike is one of my favorites and I understand why one would want to own more than one of these :)

The accu-trax fork is rarely seen for sale and their price is really steep so it is likely I will just stay with the current set-up. The Rockshox SID is nice and light so it is more a curiosity on my part as to how the bike will ride with a rigid fork.

Cheers! :)

sd8450":37f836ds said:
Thanks redfern! I like the color too and I know it's one factor that sold me.

The ride is great and confirmed the positive reviews I've read before I got the bike. This bike is one of my favorites and I understand why one would want to own more than one of these :)

The accu-trax fork is rarely seen for sale and their price is really steep so it is likely I will just stay with the current set-up. The Rockshox SID is nice and light so it is more a curiosity on my part as to how the bike will ride with a rigid fork.

Cheers! :)

Hi again...

Ive always been used to riding an ultimate, so when i first got on the sherpa ( same applies to the fro ) i was very pleased with how it handled, "i almost forgot about having my foot ready in case the front end washed out"..., very safe and predictable ride..., very fast as well :D

This could be my favorite...,

I always thought one would be enough, But joining this forum put and end to that idea :D :facepalm:

Im sure a set of accu-trax will turn up one day, at the right price, 'usually when you have no money' my luck usually...

Any way, your bike looks brilliant...., happy trails.

Bye for now.

Martin.

Back