26" full length mudguards

Same as @Guinessisgoodforyou 55mm SKS Chromoplastic on the cheap from Planet X, 2.1" Bontrager tyres. Bit of a faff to fit but once done it's done. Can't believe I resisted for so long, not having a wet arse is priceless. 😁View attachment 800341

That looks very nice. That is what i need and with some flaps, too. I have been running one of those things that clip on to the seatpost, which saves your arse, but after upgrading the chainset and chain i want more mechanical protection. The front end has really taken its toll on my shoes and it is just nuts fcuking stuff up for the price of some guards.

That looks very nice. That is what i need and with some flaps, too. I have been running one of those things that clip on to the seatpost, which saves your arse, but after upgrading the chainset and chain i want more mechanical protection. The front end has really taken its toll on my shoes and it is just nuts fcuking stuff up for the price of some guards.
Ive never really found front guards do that much, having a full guard I mean. What comes off the wheel below where any guard sits cant be 'guarded' against and will always be flung onto the downtube, and just a simple short guard stops anything getting flung up off the top of the wheel.
On my suss fork, I've only a short simple guard which is effective as it needs to be. Before I fitted it it was the bit of spray towards the face, but that stopped when i put the short one on, which proves at least that a short simple guard is as much as you really need.

Ive never really found front guards do that much, having a full guard I mean. What comes off the wheel below where any guard sits cant be 'guarded' against and will always be flung onto the downtube, and just a simple short guard stops anything getting flung up off the top of the wheel.
On my suss fork, I've only a short simple guard which is effective as it needs to be. Before I fitted it it was the bit of spray towards the face, but that stopped when i put the short one on, which proves at least that a short simple guard is as much as you really need.

Flap from the bottom of the guard to almost kissing the road is the way.

SKS Bluemels 65mm on Maxxis DTH 26x2.3", easy to setup and effective, I only had to apply an extension on the front mudguard to prevent the water ending on the BB zone and my feet.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    749.3 KB · Views: 13
And another SKS here:

51891698817_e5de836664_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back