26.4mm seatpost options

deejayenuk

Retro Newbie
My Peugeot 531 Altus has an aero seatpost, but it's a little bit short (I think by around 30mm). I've looked for a longer replacement in the past, but without success. I think that most of the retro seatposts in that size are of a similar length to mine. Spa Cycles said they were going to get a cheap Kalloy one into stock, but they ended up being unable to source them. I can't remember why, but the option of using a narrower diameter seatpost with a shim also came to nothing.

I just wondered if anyone knew where I might buy a longer seatpost in this diameter.

Failing that, I'll start looking for a new bike!

Not long at 225 but quite handsome!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks! I think my one (a silver Stronglight) is a similar length - possibly a little longer, as the limit mark looks slightly more conservative on the Atax one.

Finding longer will be tricky! Most aero style always seem to be fairly short.
Mind I've just seen this....bit ouchy price wise but it's 300 long!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the link! That one looks like it would do the trick, but as you say, it's not cheap... I probably didn't pay much more for the entire bike back in the day!

Thanks for the link! That one looks like it would do the trick, but as you say, it's not cheap... I probably didn't pay much more for the entire bike back in the day!
You'll get one loads cheaper just not an aero style!
I'll have a rummage in a bit might have something!

Thanks very much. I'll need to measure up then have a think about. I might decide I'd prefer to keep the aero style, in which case it sounds like I may have to splurge!

Back