26.4 stem or 26.0 bars; French bottom bracket; racks

Re: French Bottom Bracket; 44cm bars; campag chainrings; racks

Hahaha thank you so much for all the advice guys.

That's exactly it Audax. I picked up an absolutely gorgeous frameset on ebay.fr with everything I was looking for (Zeus 2000 crown [drool], lovely chroming, nice tubing, beautiful finishing - the works!) for next to nothing and it just feels wrong spending so much on a BB. Needs must I guess? Great to hear all the good feedback about the VO BB though, I think my misgivings were unfair I know they have a reputation for quality and consistency.

In that case does anyone know what axle length a Campag Veloce triple takes? VO have 110 jis (giving effectively ~113 iso) or 113 (giving effectively ~116.5)
I also might get my hands on a Chorus triple (c.1999), would that take a similar length axle?

Re: French Bottom Bracket; 44cm bars; campag chainrings; racks

Oh also just took delivery of some Suntour Superbe 4000 long reach callipers (ebay bargain yay!) and one barrel adjuster is missing its nut and it's O-ring, does anyone know how to replace them?

Thanks again everyone!

Re: Updated: 26.4 stem (1A?), French bottom bracket; racks

Bump! Now also looking for a stem with 26.4 clamp size.

Cinelli 1A would be nice :)

And another bump!

Have decided to take the plunge and go with a VO BB and risk knackering a rather nice 2006 Chorus triple with a JIS axle *gulp*. For a 111mm ISO axle do I swap in a 107mm JIS or a 103mm? I understand that it sits 4-5mm out but is that in total (so only subtract 4-5mm) or on both sides (so subtract 4-5mm X 2)?

Have also widened the search and am now looking for bars to fit my 26.0 1A, or a stem to attach my 66-44 26.4 (which most certainly do not fit together - you can probably guess what happened!)

Latest posts

Back