2014 Mountain Mayhem dates 20th 21st 22nd June

I'm up for it again this year :) already started 'Hill training', which is really difficult in the depths of Norfolkshire I will have you know lol

nobby the sheep":cl0jvimd said:
Misteroo are you getting a 10 man team going this year ,if so I'm in ( planning on staying soberish this year as my son will be with me plus I want to get a few good laps in )

I wanna be in a 10 man, but don't want to organise!!!!! Had some issues last year :shock:

Jussa":vwmg03g3 said:
I'm up for it again this year :) already started 'Hill training', which is really difficult in the depths of Norfolkshire I will have you know lol

Based on last years course, I would just sling a 56lb bag of spuds over the top tube and push the bike around the local woods or bridleways.

NeilM":5f4uvdnn said:
Jussa":5f4uvdnn said:

Based on last years course, I would just sling a 56lb bag of spuds over the top tube and push the bike around the local woods or bridleways.

I like how you are selling this :LOL:

coomber":2i56gmky said:

It might be a measure of my poor ability as a rider (and my age), but there was no way I could ride up the massive grassy hill... and looking around me at the time, neither could anyone else.

nobby the sheep":8lcpslbf said:
I'm sure there'll be a few alterations to the course

Rumour has it there will be a Freestyle section through Princess Anne's house and gardens ala Danny Mcaskil style ;)

Gonna drag my lad along this year Nobby :)

Jussa :D

nobby the sheep":2nb23bgf said:
I'm sure there'll be a few alterations to the course

I'm sure.

They have already said that the course this year will run through part of the camp site. That's an amazing achievement, given the cost of building and maintaining an International eventing course (which is what we were all sleeping on), and is a measure of how well Princess Anne must have thought the event went last year.

Fingers crossed for a dry spring.

NeilM":nyuu5xnt said:
coomber":nyuu5xnt said:

It might be a measure of my poor ability as a rider (and my age), but there was no way I could ride up the massive grassy hill... and looking around me at the time, neither could anyone else.

I rode up one of them in the dry on the practice run, but not in the race, wet or dry. I couldn't get up most of the other steep ones either. I'd say your idea is more appealing than the course from last year

Back