Northern Mountain Mayhem Replacement Weekend 19th-21st June

yakboy

Manitou Fan
So I am mooting the idea of a rescue weekend on same weekend as Mountain Mayhem was to be. If there is enough interest to fill the Yorkshire Cycle Hubs Accommodation I will organise it but not until I have enough names on a list.
The Yorkshire Cycle Hub is in Great Fryup Dale on the North Yorkshire Moors and will be familiar to fans of the video "Dirt", as this was it's location.

https://www.yorkshirecyclehub.co.uk/

The hub has bunkhouse accommodation, all on suite with a communal common room (all newly built). The cost per night is £35 and includes a breakfast butty. There are full self catering facilities and an onsite Café

Potential activities for the weekend are a JMC, "Dirt" inspired moors ride. The Hub is just completing a set of trails in their own woods, so some of retro race could be done. They also put on Dual Slalom's on their Wednesday night rides so this could be a possibility. They also have a conference room so we can have a showing of "Dirt" and other retro classic vids in the evening, there is opportunity for a show and shine or a table top sale.. It's up to you really but will depend on numbers. If there are more than 26 people then there will be a possibility of camping for the overspill.

Just to reiterate until I have enough people committed to coming I will not start organising anything with Phil and Neil at the hub but at the moment the bunkhouse is free that weekend so we need to get enough people pretty quickly to secure our place.

Look the Cycle hub up on Instagram and you will get an idea of what they are all about.

Re:

Potential participants...please add your name if interested

Yakboy
Peachy
Jimmy
Mr Spud
THM
Rick?
Hotwheels
Longun

Re:

Come on chaps save my sanity. Two nights for me please. Lower bun or single bed. I don’t like heights.

Re: Re:

Potential participants...please add your name if interested

Yakboy
Peachy
Jimmy
Mr Spud
THM
Rick?
Hotwheels
Longun
Gruff

Re:

Just waiting on LGF's link in the MM thread....we may not need to do this but keep expressing interest

Re:

Its not too far up the road from me and I've been a few times already, really cool setup there so I'd be up for it too!

Would it just be a 'bring a bike to ride' setup, or would you be wanting multiple (retro) bikes to display?

As I'd be wanting to bring my jmc replica, but it's too small to do anything other than play about on really :LOL:

So I'd need to bring at least two bikes, one to 'show' and one to ride (most likely modern too)

How many aged, clapped out, I would say over the hill but they’d never make it MTB’ers do we need to fill the bunk house?
I looked at the website but there’s no info on it.
Even with some dossers dropping out we should make the numbers, Shirley??

Hotwheels.":1jm9w99t said:
How many aged, clapped out, I would say over the hill but they’d never make it MTB’ers do we need to fill the bunk house?
I looked at the website but there’s no info on it.
Even with some dossers dropping out we should make the numbers, Shirley??

Bunk house sleeps 26, I get the impression that they would want to have it filled, to make sure this event is a definite.

Been a few times myself and the place is spot on, and the food is lovely too.

Wanted to stay over there since I first went, so I'd be looking forward to this if it comes to fruition, and the scenery up in the hills above is just spectacular, but that's just Yorkshire for you :LOL:

Re: Re:

Spudly":271dsmxk said:
Its not too far up the road from me and I've been a few times already, really cool setup there so I'd be up for it too!

Would it just be a 'bring a bike to ride' setup, or would you be wanting multiple (retro) bikes to display?

As I'd be wanting to bring my jmc replica, but it's too small to do anything other than play about on really :LOL:

So I'd need to bring at least two bikes, one to 'show' and one to ride (most likely modern too)

You could use the JMC on the dual slalom as it's small :D

Yes and until the bunkhouse is full I won't start organising anything.

And bringing a modern bike to ride...wash your mouth out spudly

Back