2014-02-09 Dunkeld Aftermath

As TK, says snow wasn't an issue! Nor ice. I think we had maybe 15 mins of a light shower, and bright sunshine for most of the ride. It was a cold wind, but most of the ride seemed pretty sheltered.

It was hellish wet though, the descent from a couple of years ago (pass between Deuchary and Conlan hills) was a muddy, sloppy mess. I seem to remember it being quite fast and fun then, less so this time. The singletrack round the hills/cliff at the end of the ride was as good as ever though.

RobMac":2wc20hah said:
A blame it on that lefty fork if you'd been traveling the other way you'd have been OK :shock:

Hmmm,
e14549.gif
, ye might have something there, I fell aff to the right doon the hill. Jamie video'd it. :facepalm:

Evenin' :D

Freddie was stiff this morning Matron :shock:
However given he'd probably run around four times as far as we'd cycled I suppose that's understandable.

Not many pics from me as trying to keep check on the hound much of the time along with coaxing 6 speed rear derry to deal with 7 speed block fitted on Sunday morning, but here's a few.....

Clubby (correction, apparently its Wullie) - smiling man with a powerful throbbing machine between his legs. Don't know much about the bike though

Just looked at the above again (photo not Clubby's [apparently its Wullie's] throbbing machine) - now either he's got one leg shorter than the other or those trees (ie the whole woodland) is/are squint. They're not leaning due to wind or other issues - they are vertical, as apical dominance has had the usual effect (oh look it up if ya have to). Is Clubby (apparently its Wullie) squint? I honestly haven't sussed it yet :?

ZZ's superb effort of combining ALL the disadvantages of a Fart Bike with ALL the disadvantages of a Proper Bike...

TREE 1: Why do these fekkers always lean bikes on us?
TREE 2: Dunno mate, but thank fek ahv got this lithe beauty instead of that Fuggly Fart Schooner ye've got there!

....meanwhile TREE 3 leans seductively towards the aging and slightly tarnished Bridgestone, nods approvingly and gives it the keys to her boudoir...............in the background Epicyclo tries the time honoured Great Northern Mating Dance with Freddie, but gets the rubber paw.

OK everyone - smile for the camera! No? Oh well, another pic of the famous MacRetro Buttocks

Is there a euphemism for looking for a Pine Needle on a bike frame?

Rado pulls every facial muscle possible to grow a slightly right of centre Mohican whilst JimiH practices for the inevitable (and rapidly approaching by the look of it) comb-over. And in a cruel twist of fate those sitting closest to the radiator are forced to don hats in order to keep warm. OCP fumbles with napkin wondering a) what it can possibly be for and b) why someone has put it there

......still not aspiring to a Fart Bike

:twisted:

Mr Panda":3k37ia7c said:
clubby":3k37ia7c said:
That ain't me that's Robs mate. But who told you about my throbbing machine?

Damn Eastcoasters - ya all look alike to me :D

Yip thats Wullie, ma best mate at work ............................... in fact he's ma only mate at work :?

Back