2009 Giant XTC 2.5 frame - now £65 posted

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Breaking up my commuter build as I simply don't have the room, don't use it any more (built a retro cadex for commuting duties) and I'm going to be selling my flat soon so need to de-clutter and get rid of a load of bike stuff.

Price includes UK postage, happy to post overseas at cost.

Giant XTC 2.5 frame (Disc only), headset, front mech and seat post clamp.
- Frame is a Large. I'm 6ft and have found it to be ideal, and I run the seat post with around 4/5 inches out of the frame (at a guess, can measure for sure if the info will be useful).
- Blue/silver in good condition. Some ships/scratches and a chain suck. Nothing terrible or structural and where needed, I have touched up with a pretty good colour match.
- Headset is a cane creek XX that cost me £55 and has done very few miles
- Front mech is an XT one. Pretty much been an ornament for me as I never used anything other than the outer ring
- Seat post clamp is a PZ racing carbon one. Cost me about £20

Everything is in great used condition. I'm only selling as space is needed, it is gathering dust (as you can tell by the pics - I will obviosuly clean before posting), and after knee surgery I treated myself to a carbon cadex retro build to get myself back on the road.

It's a great frame, exactly the same as the top of the line alloy frame in the range (aside from the carbon version - xtc - 0 I believe).

Asking for £70 posted for this package, which I think is an absolute steal.

Forgot to mention that I got it data tagged, so I'll also get this transferred over to the new owner (there may be a cost involved in this, will need to investigate) - this was about £30 in itself.

I have various parts that I had on the build available if you want, including:
- Fox F80X terralogic forks
- XTR M770 mechs and shifters (I didn't get around to fitting the newer front mech on this frame as I didn't ever use the middle/granny ring)
- USE stem laced with Ti bolts
- Carbon Risers (FSA K-Force)
- Kore carbon seat post (can use either i-beam or standard saddles)

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want more pics or measurements.

Open to offers on retro parts that I may need for my builds, let me know what you have.
IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

hi

How much are you after for the carbon handle bars and what size is the carbon seat post?

cheers

Ryan :D

rjm2000":2dulqb3t said:
hi

How much are you after for the carbon handle bars and what size is the carbon seat post?

cheers

Ryan :D
Carbon bars - Rojo sold the same set a few weeks back for £35 I believe so would be looking for the same. Seat post size, I think it is 30.8mm (or whatever the fairly standard size is around there). I had this post fitted to my previous commuter frame, which was a merlin malt 1 or 2 (can't remember which) so it isn't an odd-ball size.

v12jat":35f9c4y6 said:
Might have a pal interested in the foxs how much you looking for Ian?
Hmm, good question. I was going to aim for something around £175. They are in great condition, have been serviced and used very little since (long story but after the first service, within a week a small mark started to appear on one stantion, more of a discolouration than something you could feel. I sent them back and they were serviced again, and after this one, nothing else has occurred and the mark has stayed the same ever since. I believe that they didn't do something quire right in the first service that was rectified second time around). I also have a spare pair of these forks that I was keeping for spares, as the spare lowers aren't the best, but stantion wise (as well as the internals), they appear to be OK, though would need servicing. As it is hard to get the crown/steerer assembly I bought the spare set, just in case and would include these with the sale too.

v12jat":1xr5rtgb said:
How long is the steerer Ian?
Steerer is about 200mm long.

Just checked the forks and I've noticed that there is some bubbling to the paint on the crown on one side. I've not used them for a while so didn't realise this was there. Obviously it doesn't affect their performance at all, but a cosmetic issue.

Hi Ian
How much for the frame package as described, plus the following:
Shifters
rear Mech
Seatpost
rear brake?
rear wheel?

Let me know....Cheers, Mike :)

velocipede":3ko66r8o said:
Hi Ian
How much for the frame package as described, plus the following:
Shifters
rear Mech
Seatpost
rear brake?
rear wheel?

Let me know....Cheers, Mike :)
Hi Mike, I'm not 100% sure if I will be parting with the shifters and rear mech as yet, as another project is coming in and I think I may need them in the interim. I've also not got the rear wheel/discc brake any more as I sold that on here a month or so ago.

So, what can I offer, well I can do the frame package as described for £80 posted now, as with the new project on its way, I really must shift this to make way, and if you wanted the Kore carbon post too, I could throw that in and make it an even £100 posted.

Apologies for not replying sooner, I have been lost in a sea of selling parts and forgot to respond to updates in this one.

Back