2001 Kona Catalogue

sizing turned out to be a smidge under 18" ctc seat tube, and 22" ctc top tube

my 2000 hahanna, which was only ever an experiment into steel kona's, was the same size ctc set tube, and just under an inch shorter in the top tube, which meant that even tho height was spot on, i needed a thomson layback to stretch me out a bit......

this kileua will be spot on in all departments, i think :D

Bike is built, minus front mech as I ran out of time... will do that on Sunday hopefully.

Have been using a Thomson Elite layback post on my old frame which was a bit stuck, so I took it to my LBS, Ken Fosters in Chorlton to have it taken out and the headset cups swapped. He said that the stamps on the rear dropouts are Ritchey Logic. He reckons that it would highly unlikely that kona would use such good dropouts on anything but the best tubes. So this suggests even more that the tubes are more than just 'Kona Double Butted' which is what the label says, as has been suggested by some on here...

Frames weighed, and there's a massive 750g difference. She rides lovely, position is super... just have to decide whether to strip it all again and powdercoat it at work

Back