2000 Marin Mount Vision Build

Ive just read the whole thread and what a bike you've built, it still looks great after all that use.
Ive just got a 2000 east peak frame with fox float rear shock (xmas bargain at 35 quid) and started to build it up with a mix of bits out of the parts box. Did you protect the frame after you polished it ? Yours still looks nice and shiny.

Ive just read the whole thread and what a bike you've built, it still looks great after all that use.
Ive just got a 2000 east peak frame with fox float rear shock (xmas bargain at 35 quid) and started to build it up with a mix of bits out of the parts box. Did you protect the frame after you polished it ? Yours still looks nice and shiny.
Cheers! I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, looking forward to the spring when it'll get used for some cross country rides after work!

I didn't protect the frame, but the finish is still pretty darn good. I never got to a high polish in the first place, so the fact that it dulled a tiny bit as the surface oxidised didn't bother me. I didn't want to clear coat it, as I was worried moisture would get in underneath, which always looks terrible. Occasionally I give it a run down with a bit of GT85, but that's more just to keep it clean than anything else.

Have you got a build thread for yours? Looking forward to seeing how it comes out!

Cheers! I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, looking forward to the spring when it'll get used for some cross country rides after work!

I didn't protect the frame, but the finish is still pretty darn good. I never got to a high polish in the first place, so the fact that it dulled a tiny bit as the surface oxidised didn't bother me. I didn't want to clear coat it, as I was worried moisture would get in underneath, which always looks terrible. Occasionally I give it a run down with a bit of GT85, but that's more just to keep it clean than anything else.

Have you got a build thread for yours? Looking forward to seeing how it comes out!
Cheers, I was worried that if I polished it the lacquer might not adhere properly and look worse than now. I think your method of a wipe down with gt85 will do for me.
I have just started a thread I don’t know how to share a link but it’s new on today.

Back