2 Versions of 1999 Kona Muni Mula

Re:

Lacuna":2fkdlpcs said:
I had the 98.5 muni-mula, which was a warranty replacement for my '96. My guess was that they ran out of the ball burnished finish because they marketed really well in 1998. Unfortunately they also oversold the capabilities of the bikes, advertising them as 'freeride'. 2 of my friends with '98 frames (pahoehoe and muni-mula) cracked them within 4 months and my '96 cracked at the same time. The price increase and cheaper finish was probably to account for all the warranty issues!
Yeah I see what you mean - I have just read the 1998 Catalogue for the Muni Mula; "The technical Freeride bike for the new style of rider."

Would you by any chance know the serial number of your 1998.5 Muni Mula?

Pip.

I too had the 98.5 Muni - bought as a frame only. Loved that little bike - had some issues with the lacquer peeling from the frame but as I didn't want a replacement Kona UK sent me the matching team kit instead. Sadly died in a freak accident with a hidden storm drain in the woods (destroyed forks and front wheel and frame developed a creak even when flexed completely stripped down). Kona took it back for investigation - couldn't find any damage but replaced it with a Y2K Roast anyway - absolute stars!

Braaaaaaapp!! :LOL: :facepalm:
p4pb13636572.jpg

mamadirt":2geo0gj4 said:
I too had the 98.5 Muni - bought as a frame only. Loved that little bike - had some issues with the lacquer peeling from the frame but as I didn't want a replacement Kona UK sent me the matching team kit instead. Sadly died in a freak accident with a hidden storm drain in the woods (destroyed forks and front wheel and frame developed a creak even when flexed completely stripped down). Kona took it back for investigation - couldn't find any damage but replaced it with a Y2K Roast anyway - absolute stars!

Braaaaaaapp!! :LOL: :facepalm:
p4pb13636572.jpg

That's a beauty!

Back