2 Motobecane Super Spints

jimd

Retro Newbie
New to the Forum and originally put this in the MTB section

I bought two Motobecane Super Sprints back in 1982. One was a 24" frame and the other a 22". I used one and the other was for my wife which I converted by putting straight bars and a women's saddle on (not a lot of choice around at the time other than heavy commuter type with Sturmey Archer 3 speeds)

The bikes have been little used over the past 35 years. They are in fair condition but have a few rust spots on the frame. I've also put the original drop bars back on the 22"

They are metallic green with dark bronze decals and letters, fairly lightweight - about 22 pounds in old money. As far as I can remember the frames are triple B Vitus with Shimano 600 crank, chainset and 12 speed gears, Motobecane bars and brake calipers and have alloys with tubs (the original tub is still on one wheel but although it still inflates it doesn't look too good)

I've no idea what they are worth. Is cleaning them up and using them or selling them and getting something more modern the best plan?

Re:

Hi jimd. Welcome to the forum. Could you post some pictures? I do like Motobecanes (although I am still slightly smarting from buying a disastrously modified one a few years back :oops: ).

Back