1999 Marin Shoreline Trail Ritchey WCS/XTR finished Pg15

Re: Our Jimmy’s Marinated in Ritchey sauce (Pa & Son MM20 build)

Paul R":32d31lkz said:
nice work as bad as me with the weight weenieing haha

Cheers Paul, to be fair most of the work (6lb’s of it) was done last year by Mark (SplatterPaint). For me this was more of a ‘let’s look and see’ what a difference XTR might make. ;)

And the answer was not much TBH.... with over 50% of loss coming from the pedals, tubes & tyres... :facepalm:

Frame and URT (is it a Unified Rear Triangle if the B.B. shell is stil on the frame? Probably not) have been blasted, now sitting in front of the AGA keeping dry & warm ready for ‘Our Jimmy’s’ first frame spray in the morning.... ;)

Attachments

• C65A1AD4-08AE-4016-A6ED-A9A6A1A81F8A.jpeg
    C65A1AD4-08AE-4016-A6ED-A9A6A1A81F8A.jpeg
    798.8 KB · Views: 680
Re:

Nice to see a rebuild! This photo below is where I started. 706g handlebars!

I think looking at the weight lost on each component versus expense is a good lesson in diminishing returns! When doing a weight weenie build I often calculate the cost per gram, obviously this goes out the window if you've already bought the bits :D My first WW build was Ritchey WCS, it is lovely stuff. My 'modern' Konas still wear it.

I too am doing a father and son build, I just haven't told my son that the bike is for him yet :facepalm: I should start a thread....

SP

Attachments

• handlebar.jpg
    handlebar.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 674
  • Marin_AF_1.jpg
    Marin_AF_1.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 674

Peachy!":357r35k6 said:
Frame and URT (is it a Unified Rear Triangle if the B.B. shell is stil on the frame? Probably not) have been blasted, now sitting in front of the AGA keeping dry & warm ready for ‘Our Jimmy’s’ first frame spray in the morning.... ;)

:shock: I assume you'll do the swinging arm?!? That is a LOT of tubes to learn spraying on!

RE the budget v-brakes, I went through all my tip stuff and selected the lightest ones - they're bloody good!

SP

That was one heavy handlebar Mark....

Yeah I was surprised at the low return on the XTR stuff, fortunately most of it has been prized off of other projects/skip/shed finds so not too costly....

As for who’s spraying what, the boys gotta learn someday and it may as well be on his bike rather than one of mine! :LOL:

And yes please to your own Father & Son thread, this site needs more builds IMO.... (bored of dredging through for sale & want adds, plus celebrating whatever high-end historic bike someone has bought off of someone else isn’t my cup of tea either)

Peachy!":1pcenlz6 said:
Frame and URT (is it a Unified Rear Triangle if the B.B. shell is still on the frame? Probably not) have been blasted, now sitting in front of the AGA keeping dry & warm ready for ‘Our Jimmy’s’ first frame spray in the morning.... ;)

Your right its NOT a URT as the BB isn't in the rear triangle and part of the un sprung mass - and 99% of folk would say thats a good thing

out of interest who did the sandblasting ?

Attachments

• C65A1AD4-08AE-4016-A6ED-A9A6A1A81F8A.jpeg
    C65A1AD4-08AE-4016-A6ED-A9A6A1A81F8A.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 656

Me

Peachy!":2ogtfy24 said:

I thought you'd say that, must be nice to have the kit and save hours with Nitromors etc

Retro Spud":1icmrhzj said:
Peachy!":1icmrhzj said:

I thought you'd say that, must be nice to have the kit and save hours with Nitromors etc

Nitromors is now a pussy whipped shadow of its forma self...... :(

Pussy whipped. Do explain.

Latest posts

Back