1999 Marin Shoreline Trail Ritchey WCS/XTR finished Pg15

Re: Our Jimmy’s Marinated in Ritchey sauce (Pa & Son MM20 build)

Nothing - you’ve got a complete build right there^

Your biggest challenge is getting the inside of your stantions silky smooth like the outside so everything slides smoothly

Retro Spud":3g95vd17 said:
Nothing - you’ve got a complete build right there^

Your biggest challenge is getting the inside of your stantions silky smooth like the outside so everything slides smoothly

Cheers Spud.... fortunately Peachy likes a shiny...

Trust surgery is going well

When’s the big reveal planned

Retro Spud":2cgi0gal said:
Trust surgery is going well

When’s the big reveal planned

Had friends visiting all weekend, good food and whisky consumed so not much done.
But with a little help from my heat gun I’ve managed to remove everything from inside the tubes and now the two tubes are soaking in petrol to hopefully breakdown the residue. If that fails I’ll get some acetone from work tomorrow.

I wish I could find some better reference for exactly what/how/where the springs go... I’m presuming the dummy side has one long spring and the dampener side has one short?

Ok, so with some coaching from Uncle Spud, I grew a pair this evening and got on with the FSX re-build (after Nick kindly pointed out that the little springs were superfluous) everything went together just fine and the shocks feel great.

Just need to sort the stickers now. (don't worry they are in hand) 7A6F486D-0A1A-47FF-AAC4-E15FED822F95.JPG DEB0A1E7-BAED-487E-A802-5DAD0746E806.jpeg

Last edited:

Nice to see they’re back together and working with all those lovely new parts

Crown going to get a good polish ?

Retro Spud":2dmf9x7a said:

Not on this one, it’s gonna just be clean with a matt finish. Thanks again for your help RS

Peachy!":4onwnfs4 said:
Retro Spud":4onwnfs4 said:

Not on this one, it’s gonna just be clean with a matt finish. Thanks again for your help RS

Ahh
I've got a crown like that with a frosted look - will take a pic of my RS Judy collection ..... its ah - bit out of control to say the least even by this sites standards and they all work and all have new internals :facepalm:

Right, needed a pick me up this afternoon, what with cancelled contracts, self-isolation, friends & family going through very uncertain times & the news of a close friend that I’ve know for over 30 years finally losing his fight with cancer this morning, I needed more than ever to get into the workshop.
Our Jimmy joined me, and although we are still waiting for a headset and a seat post before doing any more, we did have a few easy bits to at least bolt on.

So, first of, the crank set

Then the cassette

Next fit the rear wheel

Then the XTR front mech

And last but not least a ‘KONA’ seat clamp

Now to crack open the 21yr old Bushmills single malt he got me for my 50th and raise a toast to my buddy Elliot.

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpg
    IMG_4749.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4754.jpg
    IMG_4754.jpg