1998 Scott Endorphin time warp!

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Recently acquired this off a really nice guy who used to be on this forum.

Couldn’t resist the quirky looks and its condition...

Plan is to do very little apart from maybe an upgrade to period XT groupset (as I have this already) along with fitting done 1998 Sid World Cup forks (again which are currently fitted to my Sunn Xircuit) as these were used on the team race bike of the era.

I may also fit some Mavic Crossrides but undecided on that at the mo.

Here’s some sneaky peek pics but I’ll get more high res on when I’ve finished the upgrades...

Attachments

• E23FACC4-52A8-4A9A-AF8F-E0C4C991EFAE.png
    E23FACC4-52A8-4A9A-AF8F-E0C4C991EFAE.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 712
  • E36BB7A3-3D73-4833-8EE8-AA851F8F1E9E.png
    E36BB7A3-3D73-4833-8EE8-AA851F8F1E9E.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 724
  • 2EC2DB20-482B-440A-8E14-ABBEEF539368.png
    2EC2DB20-482B-440A-8E14-ABBEEF539368.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 721
  • CD9C9A3F-7C89-4544-8691-7C138A2B14E1.jpeg
    CD9C9A3F-7C89-4544-8691-7C138A2B14E1.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 722
:cool: still would like to try one. Most i see are a large size though.

Re:

Thanks guys...
Yeah this is a medium and I love the lines and shape of it. The guy I bought it off was the second owner who never got around to using it and the original owner was an older chap who bought it from new and never used it much either. Even the tyres are still its originals and with great tread left. Well happy with this find... :LOL:

My first ‘proper’ mtb was a Scott (as was my second) so by law I’m obliged to be a lifelong Scott fan ! Loved these when they were being raced - would be keen to know what it’s like to ride! Considering adding one to the list but I’ve got a couple of other bikes I want to obtain first!

They are wonderful to ride, by design the rear has a little flex in it to help soak up the bumps
The design came too late on the day, by the time it was launched disc brakes were in demand and the design and material wouldn’t take it - so they stuck with v brakes only (or you upgraded to Magura’s like I’ve fitted on mine)

Early ones 97/98 have the skinny down tube like this one and later models have the much larger and slightly vulgar beefier one (I have both)

Thanks retro spud, and for the bit of info... looking forward to tinkering with this one which is next in my queue...

As stated i wind be doing much at all, just a general spruce plus full period XT upgrade, SIDS and maybe a wheel change. In no rush tho as it still looks fast even stood still in the garage!

So....
It’s into the building breech for this one now...

I’ve sourced another set of period SIDS in blue plus black seat post and black Kore stem and bar as I rather like that look rather than silver.

I have a full XT groupset to replace the standard Deore LX too but I’m totally in two minds over doing this or not?

I was also even toying with the idea of a riser bar instead to make it more useable ...

So as it stands I’m ready to start the renovation but really can’t decide which way to go? I already have a few retro period builds that only get used for jaunts to the park hence the idea of goin risers and getting it used....

Any views appreciated...
1) total period correct with upgraded SIDS, full XT groupset and black stem, bars and post...
2) the above but with more modern stem and riser bar?
3) none of the above and just service it and use it as it is, saving the XT bits for something else....

Hmmmmmm?
Andy

So... as I have not even touched this and it’s sat in my garage in it’s current state I’ve decided to sell this on to fund something else. See listing in for sale selection.
Thanks
Andy

Back