1998 Salsa Ala Carte and 2002 Brodie Kinetic

But why wood stain for magnesium? You could have just primed it and painted it. Or just leave it raw.
I want to ride that bike tomorrow and it's all I had. What could go wrong?
As far as I know magnesium would corrode and eventually fail if left raw. So that is no option.

Looks alright to me.

p4pb23472586.jpg

I want to ride that bike tomorrow and it's all I had. What could go wrong?
As far as I know magnesium would corrode and eventually fail if left raw. So that is no option.

Looks alright to me.
It probably won't last long. But it will do for a day. Then, if you have time, sand it down properly, clean it with alcohol and then prime and paint it with spray paints suitable for metal. You can also get them at Hornbach for 5-8€ a can.

Yippiejaja-yippie-yippie-yeah

Aha!!! Just watched the video….

Fair enough, just doesn’t look ‘right’.
True.
I had never used this system prior to riding this fork and thought it to be a bit silly.
But it's actually a pretty cool feature. And it makes sense on this fork, as it is so very active.

@rigidftw This is a long shot, but did you end up selling the Salsa frame back to the original owner, and any chance you'd be open to passing along their info? I would love to see about buying that frame if the owner was willing to sell

@rigidftw This is a long shot, but did you end up selling the Salsa frame back to the original owner, and any chance you'd be open to passing along their info? I would love to see about buying that frame if the owner was willing to sell
Current owner built it with his nephew for him to use. I‘m fairly certain he is not going to sell it.

Back