1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

Re: The 1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project

Is the Caldera a better frame? I assume it is maybe one step up ?

Do you plan on moving everythin to the Lava Dome moving forward? Kind of sounds like it?

Re: The 1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project

Mortonm":1tueq6ga said:
Is the Caldera a better frame? I assume it is maybe one step up ?

Do you plan on moving everythin to the Lava Dome moving forward? Kind of sounds like it?

"I assume it is maybe one step up ?" - Yes.

26829851_cc58a2f093f1f99edd0854c11fee3c14_xl.jpg

Re:

Yes its one step up the rear triangle is beefier and has the different dropouts.

Weight wise they're both around the 4.6lb mark on my scales but I've not not weighed them fully stripped yet.
It depends how I get on with the stiffer back end on the road need to get more miles on it.

Re: Re:

Paul R":1ns02gqb said:
Yes its one step up the rear triangle is beefier and has the different dropouts.

Weight wise they're both around the 4.6lb mark on my scales but I've not not weighed them fully stripped yet.
It depends how I get on with the stiffer back end on the road need to get more miles on it.

Okay great, I saw the catalogue but I didn't dive very deep so I just saw the double butted chromoly on both,

The green is nice but I do like that dark blue too

Re:

The dark blue/purple is the cinder cone. The caldera is black.

I almost think the paint on it might be powder coat its very thick.

Paul R":2xpht8f1 said:
The dark blue/purple is the cinder cone. The caldera is black.

I almost think the paint on it might be powder coat its very thick.

okay cool, I think it was the 97 caldera was a deep blue colour

Re:

Yes the 97 came in a few different shades of dark blue. Much more rare and better tubeset etc than the 98 sadly.

Paul R":35ceey66 said:
Yes the 97 came in a few different shades of dark blue. Much more rare and better tubeset etc than the 98 sadly.
Yeah and I believe built in the US

Back