1998-9 Porsche Bike S

Peachy!":8rg84k3t said:
Can I ask... how does the pearl lacquer work over the decals?

I acrylic varnished the decals before lacquer and clearcoat as did a test before and it bubbled without the acrylic varnish.
As regards to the look, I tried not to get too much pearl on the big decal , there was a bit of spray over it but it gives a subtle effect.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

After a bit of a hiatus and a bit of a rethink I have decided to thoroughly clean the original paint, touch it up but use a Pearlescent Clear Coat over the top of it as I thought it would be a shame to lose the original decals. So the frame has been thoroughly cleaned (and is only touched with clean gloves...it really does pick up dirt that quickly :shock: ), I have applied the martini decals and just waiting for the postie to deliver the pearlescent spray and 2 pack top coat and we'll see how it goes.

50436994996_d83f0f6a0b_c.jpg
@yakboy where did you get the pearlescent clear coat from?

just been re-reading the whole thread ... when will be get to see the Porsche and the Lotus together next to the now familiar gate at the bottom of your garden in 10 acre field

I believe we will also be welcoming another Porsche to forum soon

just been re-reading the whole thread ... when will be get to see the Porsche and the Lotus together next to the now familiar gate at the bottom of your garden in 10 acre field

I’ve seen them, they’re lovely. Nearly had to get my violin out when the excuses came for not completing them...🤣

Yarp. Our Jimmy’s next project, I think he’s planning on raiding his Marin for XTR exotica!

Patience is a virtue Mr Spud'u'like...I am assured that the finishing touches should hopefully be winging their way from the US of A😁

Latest posts

Back