1998 54cm Woodrup 853. Big price drops. Now including p&p

ForestHill

Retro Guru
I'll let the pictures do the talking for this, it really is lovely. Painted in Rabobank colours for the original owner by Woodrup in Leeds and made from Reynolds 853 (including the aero forks).

There're a couple of light scuffs/scratches to the paint and some chipping to the drive side chain stay near the chainrings (as expected).

There is a slight dent in the chainstay protector but I'm 99% certain it's just superficial (i.e. just to the metal protector itself).

Size: 54cm centre-to-centre along the top and up the seat.

Tight clearances with 25c tyres.

Brake callipers are 7403, levers 7401.
Chain set is 7410 (52/39) and rear mech is 7401 with decent jockey wheels. Front mech is 7410 band on and shifting is by Simplex Retrofriction, modded to take allen bolts instead of the soft original screws (this makes fine adjustment a whole lot easier).

Cassette is 10 speed at the moment but I can swap out to 8 or 9 speed if that's your preference.

Handlebars and stem are Cinelli, headset is a lovely cartridge bearinged Shimano 600 and seatpost is Kalloy aero (27.2)

Wheels are Omega V on Dura Ace 7403 (? They're hyperglide anyway, so take most modern Shimano cassettes - none of that uniglide nonsense).

rjfEkii.jpg

f5ZOaic.jpg

uJliXzi.jpg

For the complete build, with your choice of saddle (Black or White Rolls, White Royal or White Turbomatic 2) I would like £600.

Frame, forks and headset can be had for £280 (Woodrup have confirmed that it's theirs and that a new frame with a similar spec would cost well over £1000).

Any combinations available, offers welcome.

Postage for the whole thing (including insurance) will be around £25 and a bit less for just the frame and forks.

Alternatively I can deliver in the Leeds area and collection/inspection is also welcome.

Re: 1998 54cm Woodrup 853 with Dura Ace 74XX

Just realised the front hub is in fact Campag, not Dura Ace. Omega rim though.

Re: 1998 54cm Woodrup 853 with Dura Ace 74XX

Price drop:
£599.99 including postage for complete build
£279 for frame, forks and headset including postage.

Re: 1998 54cm Woodrup 853. Big price drops. Now including p&

A price drop of 1p per day - good skills! I have £100 ready and waiting for the big day. By my reckoning - which, as it includes maths, will probably be wrong, I will be able to afford it in 136 years time - well closer to 137 years. It will really be retro then!

GLWS

Richard

Ha. Well, including postage now so a price drop of £25 ish. I won't be dropping it by that much everyday though, sorry!

£575 posted, frame £260 posted.

Last chance before I break it down and store it when I move house in 2 weeks.

can you comfirm some measurements for me.

head tube length

seat tube length centre of BB to top of tube

thanks

Head tube is 14cm and seat tube is 56 ctt.

Cheers

Back