EDDIE SOENS PRICE DROP NOW SOLD

chickendrumsticks

Senior Retro Guru
Reluctant sale of my lovely 1960s roadbike from that famous Liverpool maker Eddie Soens. Bought by the previous owner as a frame and forks only and built up by Swinnertons of Stoke in the 1970s.

Frame size 20.5" / 52cm. Standover height 31" / 81cm.  Frame and forks have been refinished to a very high standard (powder coat by the firm who do lots of work for Lotus Cars plus professionally sprayed white enamel panels), complete with full set of original decals. The whole bike rebuilt from the ground up – bearings regreased, all components stripped, cleaned and reassembled. Lots of new stuff – but in period.

The full refurb story is at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=380741

Complete Reynolds 531 tube set. Campag ends too, adjustable at the rear.

Looking for£200

10 speeds with front 52/42 and downtube mounted friction levers. 

The small flange quick release Pelissier hubs are married to French Rigida 700c alloy rims (36/36) with rustless spokes. The wheels are shod with good Michelin amber wall tyres. 

A Brooks B17 Professional vintage saddle sits atop a very nice fluted SR seatpost - which is free to adjust, as is the SR stem with matching GB “Maes” pattern bars. 

New cable outers and cables (stainless steel) throughout and new stainless steel cable clips to top tube.

(This pic courtesy Cyclechat)
Frame: “Eddie Soens” number 874, mid to late 1960s. Reynolds 531 butted

Fork: “Eddie Soens” Reynolds 531

Headset: Tange Levin CDS - new
Stem: SR “Soul 60”. Engraved
Handlebar: GB Maes pattern
Bar Tape:  Cloth – 2 layers

Brake Levers:  Weinmann – new Cane Creek Weinmann pattern hoods
Brake Calipers: Weinmann 730 sidepull

Shifters: Shimano “Unishift” period 1974-1977
Front Derailleur: Shimano 60 date AF (1976 June) 
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 DC200 date 1976

Cassette: Shimano “UG” (Uniglide) 5 speed, teeth 14,16,18,21,24 date FH (1981 August) '
Chain:  Unknown
Cranks:Sugino  MAXY 171mm
Chainrings: Sugino MAXY double, both detachable; 52/42 – new stainless steel bolts
Bottom Bracket: Fixed cup Bayliss Willey, adjustable cup and axle Sugino – new bearings
Pedals: KYOKUTO “Top Run” (Japan) plus Christophe toeclips (small) and Christophe leather straps

Rims: RIGIDA 700c
Hubs: Pelissier small flange 36/36
Hub Skewers: Pelissier P1001
Spokes: Rustless steel
Tyres: Michelin “World Tour” 700 x 28

Saddle: Brooks Professional- copper rivets
Seatpost: SR Laprade
Seatpost Binder: A2 Stainless steel stud and nylock nut

Some pics to help you appreciate this fine machine (many more on the link above):

Attachments

• bill soens confirmation.JPG
    bill soens confirmation.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,392
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,392
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,393
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Re:

I assume that’s £200 collected not posted... where are you based and is delivery an option (cost?)?

Thanks

Re: EDDIE SOENS PRICE DROP NOW £200

chickendrumsticks":6deu7klq said:
£75 off original listing. Surely a bargain?

What a bargain and from one of the great merseyside framebuilders , off to see my doctor tomorrow to see about taking 4" out of my legs :)

Re:

amedias, hello. Yes £200 collected it is. I'm in Norfolk so about as far east as you are west!
You're wecome to come and collect...

Delivery could be arranged. I know "senditnow" (a division of Royal Mail) would charge around £25. I would have to get a bike box, of course. If I have to buy one you'd be looking at an extra £20 or so. If I can scrounge one from my LBS it will hopefully be free - or at most a few pounds extra. So somewhere between £25-40 for delivery.

pm me if you'd like to discuss offline.

biggsy - I'm guessing you have excellent engineering/DIY skills? Give me the asking and I'll thrown in an amputation saw and a box of sticking plasters.

Back