1997 Salsa Ala Carte

I think I am going to ditch the awesome Turbo and go with a Flite. I am liking the looks of this, and kevlar edges'll be good for le offroading.

Attachments

• flite.jpg
    flite.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2,013
Some progress!!

The bad: ordered a 28.6 seat clamp only to find it actually needed 30.6. D'oh. Now sorted! Lost the BB cable guide. Currently trying to figure out a fix (double-sided tape?) in order to use another I have. The one I lost has a plastic clip/bolt, while the one I have needs something to attach to the frame, and the BB hole isn't threaded...... soon to be sorted.

In the meantime, here are some pics!
As it stands in the pics, plus the addition of shift cables and housing it is a svelte 22 lbs! Adding a chain will knock me close to 23. Still quite light. I kicked my way to the LBS to get derailleur cables this morning ...... initial reaction: I really like the ride! And I am glad I didn't rack myself---kicking bikes like scooters can be a dangerous business.....

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,932
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,932
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,932
I would go for the risers, the bike looks very nice in that pic.
Kinda like the purple too, but maybe that's just because of my anodized parts addiction... ;)

I'd go the monkeylites & flit, in fact I have on mine. Mine has a rear canti hanger so must be a bit older, I bought it new in 98 though. I don't have the reinforced head tube either, which would have saved me from retiring it from off road use.
Get it together & ride that baby.

KiwiJohn":3jpmeeda said:
Mine has a rear canti hanger so must be a bit older, I bought it new in 98 though.

Kiwi, when I was looking at a few mid 90s frames I recall that the serial number on yours makes it a late 96 frame.

First real trail ride. Just an hour tooling around, but it was fun with some varied terrain. I changed out the platforms for SPDs. I need to work on the RD adjustment. It is actually the first I've built up from scratch with all new parts, and I am getting a little slippage in certain gears. Reading up now...

I like the bike! And it is definitely still winter here! Ouch, my ears.
The MonkeyLites might happen at some point. The fit feels perfect right now, but I may change things up in a little while. The SWorks bars are comfy enough and not cut down, so they'll be here for the first little bit at least. We do have lots of trees in CT, and the extra three inches for the risers might make trails feel a little more cramped.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,861
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,861
Back