1997 Salsa Ala Carte

Phew. Cured myself of the purple impulse.
But now I'm not quite sure about the white grips.

They match the decals = classy
They are white grips = assy

I plan to go with Ourys........but I've only got red and white in my parts box. Maybe should pick up some black ones :)

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5,065
some frames are bigger than others!

That's a handsome devil of a bike with the all black build :twisted:

I have a set of black oury grips and a couple black bars, one flat and one with just a hint of rise.

glad you got over your 3DV flirtations :?

Maybe I'm too serious, but I can't believe you're choosing your bar on the basis of style. Surely you need your hands to be at a suitable height relative to the saddle? If the bike rides better for you with riser bars, you would fit flat because style matters more?

The other point about your bar height is that Thomson stem. For me flat Thomson stems never look good on retro bikes. What's wrong with a Salsa CroMoto 10 degrees? Then it'd look peachy and your hands might be in the right place.

Anthony":1t7cmm3t said:
Maybe I'm too serious, but I can't believe you're choosing your bar on the basis of style. Surely you need your hands to be at a suitable height relative to the saddle? If the bike rides better for you with riser bars, you would fit flat because style matters more?

someone buy Anthony some purple bars! Stat!

@anthony
Oh don't worry. I am just entertaining myself. Right now, until my seat collar arrives and I get the drivetrain situated so I can actually ride, I can't really do anything other than play dress up :)

But yes, fit will trump fashion. I am pretty likely to go for the carbon risers for the sweep they have. But we'll see. As for the Thomsons......they are diff lengths but the same rise -- I wish I had one with a bit more rise. Have you got an extra 1 1/8th Cromoto laying around?? I'll trade you a purple bar ;)

@mech
yep, IRC Backcountry

yo-Nate-y":39jxf5u6 said:
Have you got an extra 1 1/8th Cromoto laying around?? I'll trade you a purple bar ;)
They still make them - surely it would be easy for you to source one from Connecticut?

For a purple bar, I would trade you no more than a used Shimano brake pad, but I must admit that gold one looked quite swish with the Salsa frame and a black stem.

If I can find a non-recalled one I'm on it :)

Now all I need are three more used brake pads. The build progresseth!

Back