1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o. ... Updated PICS

Re: 1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o.

for me, the cockpit isn't doing it for me. as with the wheelset… they're okay. black stem and silver headset/spacers don't go. it looks out of place.

RockiMtn":npnbe25g said:
for me, the cockpit isn't doing it for me. as with the wheelset… they're okay. black stem and silver headset/spacers don't go. it looks out of place.

I agree about the headset / spacers. I still have to Work out swapping the headset and dealing with spacers. The wheelset is a good fit for my liking though so I'll stick with if for the time being. I think that with differebt tires it will look more in place.

What would you suggest for headset/spacers/stem/bar?

Re: Re:

shutter":3lr5j9ni said:
Mike Muz 67":3lr5j9ni said:
Looks great ! :cool:

I have the same shifters on one of my bikes , cut around an inch off the grips to compensate .
Can always trim a bit more off if it still looks/feels too long then ;)

Mike

Thanks! Do they still make shorty lock on grips? I rremember BITD they used to sell them...

Not sure about that bud. I use the old fashioned type .

Mike

stem… in red? i've been saving this…

file.php

RockiMtn":227enk5w said:
stem… in red? i've been saving this…

file.php

Thanks! But that red wouldn't match. It would be a perfect match for your altitudes red but mine is more of a burgandy red... Annodized red would work but not sure??

UPDATE: Decided to go with the rasta headset minus the green cap... sooo as pictured... should go well... may swap the gold top cap for a black or red down the road but this will do for now...

Also found some NOS yellow grip shift shark tooth's and SRAM grips in my NOS pile... I think these go better... the black grips may be a little short... but worth a try for now...

Also swapped in a black syncros bar... not 100% about the bar... but won't know for sure until I pop the headset in and stand back...

Last but not least the wheels... with the silver bar gone they stand out a bit more thank my liking... I have these gray bontrager hoops but they are 28 hole so I'm on the lookout for some 28h M950 hubs... until then these wheels will be a place holder...

Lookin' good. Funny you mention that the silver rims stand out. I have that exact same thought on my '97 T.O. Altitude. I fitted a silver Campa rim and it just doesn't look right. But an all black doesn't look good either. Grey should be the way to go!

troje":178k3xtk said:
Lookin' good. Funny you mention that the silver rims stand out. I have that exact same thought on my '97 T.O. Altitude. I fitted a silver Campa rim and it just doesn't look right. But an all black doesn't look good either. Grey should be the way to go!

Thanks! Yea, it's hard matching to silver and burgandy!

Re:

Sooo... Made some progress... Headset swapped for rasta CK. (Minus the green cap)... Swapped the fork brace for a better one, swapped the BB...

Next is to figure out stem / spacer setup... I either want no spacer or small spacer below stem (the one there is no good)...

For a stem I'm thinking of painting the main body if the stem yellow... So leave the steer clamp part and face plate black... They were sold like this in white, yellow, red, pewter, silver, ... But hard to find 120 in yellow... Easier to just paint one and slap on a decal...

Suggestions??? Thx!

Re:

Good idea on the stem colour , it did look very black with the black bars and grips too . How about red grips ?
I like the red R/F b/b :cool:

Mike

Back