1997 Rocky Mountain Altitude t.o. ... Updated PICS

RockiMtn":i6y453fp said:
Blizz":i6y453fp said:
Looks very nice! There's been a good influx of Altitudes lately! But it's been a long time since I've seen an 18.5" up for sale. :(

I'm surprised that there's no Vertex or Vertex T.O.'s on the forum from 93-97. Back then, between my friends and I, I think we had about 10 of them that we raced during that time period.
Was there more long-term failure on those frames compared to the Altitude, or are the steel frames just more desirable now? :?
*ahem* i think the Easton HBO tubing was very prone to failure, here's a dead 95 i picked up:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155473

similarily a 95 Edge:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=274577

also have a 96 Vertex T.O., no cracked headtube, but not in the greatest of shape either with a bodged rear derailleur hanger. :roll:
I thought those Vertex frames were pretty solid in the mid 90's, but I guess we only used them one season, then sold them...so they held up fine for us light weights. I still have a 2000 Vertex T.O with Easton Ultralight tubing...used it for 6 seasons and no problems. I guess by that time they were better quality and less prone to cracking.

Back