1997 GT Xizang Now Finished

a frame and fork combo like this can't go wrong. But you topped it of with some really cool parts. and for that kind of money, really well done!
I really like the crankset, with the silver turbines, black RF rings and blue bolts.

Looks really great just not sure about the saddle, just my opinion (hard to say anything like that without sounding critical) :LOL:

What do you think that weighs in at??

retro73":2nnsdau0 said:
Looks really great just not sure about the saddle, just my opinion (hard to say anything like that without sounding critical) :LOL:

i bought the brown charge saddle because i was going to fit butterscotch tyres and i thought it would suit..... it'll probably be changed at some point as its not exactly comfortable.

the bike weighs in at 22ibs, the frame alone is 3ibs

:D

Sithlord":bm22p66f said:
Cracking job there fella.. :)

Nice build, but speaking of cracking - is that rear hub flange showing the tell-tale crack above the spoke? Might just be my Hope paranoia.

Drencrom":hc09ua3o said:
Sithlord":hc09ua3o said:
Cracking job there fella.. :)

Nice build, but speaking of cracking - is that rear hub flange showing the tell-tale crack above the spoke? Might just be my Hope paranoia.

:? :? nope the hubs are spot on, and lightly used

i think i see what you mean, its just a bit of dirt

sean

Cool, didn't want to worry you. I've had a few fail in the last few years, but that might be from being a bit overenthusastic with them - they sound awesome!

Drencrom":1qd8tmpd said:
Cool, didn't want to worry you. I've had a few fail in the last few years, but that might be from being a bit overenthusastic with them - they sound awesome!

you actually made me check :? but no the hubs are perfect, they havent seen much use over the years, and the cassette on these wheels sound fantastic!!

SEANSTEPHENS":25k024ne said:
retro73":25k024ne said:

i bought the brown charge saddle because i was going to fit butterscotch tyres and i thought it would suit..... it'll probably be changed at some point as its not exactly comfortable.

the bike weighs in at 22ibs, the frame alone is 3ibs

:D

Thats impressive :D

What happened to the butterscotch tyres have you any pics with it on them??

Lol are any saddles comfy, have had a go on my mates muddyfox fox at the weekend and im still suffering was thinking of a cushion taped over a bike seat maybe a little less painful lol - And I only did a few circuits of the garden :shock: keep looking at a flite I plan to use on my build and wondering if i should be trying to get over the pain thing by sitting on it whilst watching tele and eating dinner ... :LOL:

Dave

Back