Sorted 1997/1998 Rockshox Judy SL

Daz95

Cannondale Fan
Hi All, as per title, looking for a set of 97/98 Judy SL for my '98 Zaskar rebuild.
Thanks, Darryl

Last edited:
I’ve a few sets I’m hoarding as they seem to be harder and harder to get now.

I’ve a pair of cosmetically challenged XCs but they are type 3 and work well so with a repaint in yellow they’d almost be there apart from crown etc.

Yeah they do seem harder to find at the moment. I actually have a set of white/red XCs that I’ve owned from new (97) that I was thinking of repainting. Just missing a top cap adjuster knob and would prob need to check the condition of internals (not used for 20yrs).
Do you think it’s worth repainting the XCs, or hold out for SLs? Is there much difference besides steerer, top caps, ti bolts etc. ?

Which internals do yours have?

The later 98 SL is very similair to a 98 XC apart from crown. I’ll compare mine shortly.

You’ll have to give 150-200 easy for a good pair of SL’s. You could likely paint and sticker yours for less assuming internals are decent. If type 3 then your onto a winner.

Not actually sure, will strip them down and have a look. I suspect type 2 as I’m pretty sure they’re 97, but will double check. Was type 2 the elastomer / spring combination?

Happy to pay the money for a good set of SLs though

Type 2 was the spring/elastomer yes.

Off topic - What Zaskar you building ? Pm me if you prefer as I love a Zaskar build

Hi All, as per title, looking for a set of 97/98 Judy SL for my '98 Zaskar rebuild.
Thanks, Darryl
I presume you are after the one piece lower leg version?
I have a couple of the 3 piece versions but with V-brake brace fitted, in very nice condition.

Back