1996 Stumpy m2 (challenging my own prejudices)

Mocked up with Rockstar spinner fork. Approx. 410mm axle to crown, to my eye just about long enough for the job (maybe, possibly).

Looking past the chrome (this fork belongs somewhere else anyway) I guess that it works OK, but does look dull, and a little lost against the larger alloy frame tubes, imo. Also feels like a bit of an entry level option for 1996! Strikes me that by 96, alloy frames were largely designed with a suss fork in mind. So I'm currently going with a mahhh for the spinner, but will stare at it for a few days. You never know. Would ultimately like it to look better than when it was built, and not convinced that this is it 😣

the TrailRakers might be just the job for winter squelching though, so some progress :rolleyes:

IMG_5754[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5755[1].JPG
    IMG_5755[1].JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Looks okay to my gammy eye but your build, your rules!

I'd ride it.
I expect you're gammy eye is pretty good :) Perhaps you would select the cranks for me. Will dig out what I've got, and go with your shout. If that's OK by you? Makes for a bit of fun, and you have after all taken the trouble to interact, which is v.much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back