1996 Rocky Mountain Vertex

NigelFinnighan

Rocky Mountain Fan
Yet another Rocky I picked up a few years ago and never posted a thread on. This one is a 1996 Vertex in Blood Red. Although way too small for me, this one will stay with me the longest. This bike was bought brand new by an old friend of mine, he raced it in the 90's then passed it down to his son to race on in the early 2000's. Once his son grew out of it it got relegated to his commuter bike, then it sat in his garage collecting after he passed.

I wanted to bring this bike back to it's racing heyday, I strip it of it's commuter parts and upgraded a few bit's here and there from stock. missing yet on this one is a silver Syncros post in 26.8.

It's now the bike my wife rides when she comes with me, or for my short friends to ride.

IMG_5227.jpeg IMG_5237.jpeg IMG_5241.jpeg

Nice one, you can't have too many old RM's kicking around. On that note, I just pulled a '92 Hammer out of the woodwork the other day.

I have a white one which will be replaced by this latest find, bigger frame and original paint and decals all in very nice shape. Will post pics once I get started on the refurbish.

Back