1996 mountain cycle san andreas (project bumble bee)

cce":42u5xc1w said:
big DH fork and XC rims?

wont be going mad so i decided against heavier rims. keeping 2.1 rubber on too.

used to blast my last full suspension down black routes on older version of those rims and they are solid, never had one bit of trouble.

Twosted":3puue7ap said:
Surely just a step ladder will be neccessary? ;)

I'd also need to be wearing platform boots to ride it :LOL:

Nice, but that seatpost needs cut down, a bike like that just does'nt look right with the seat sky high.

looks cool man i had the other san an on my watch list noticed it sold today. i had a shockwave 9" travel a few years back it was just like riding a motorbike! perfect for dh but i wanted it for a trail bike. What are the san ans like to ride xc?

Top work fellah :) Shivers seem to give the bike a good look :cool: angles look right.

billinjah":1m23lrf4 said:
looks cool man i had the other san an on my watch list noticed it sold today. i had a shockwave 9" travel a few years back it was just like riding a motorbike! perfect for dh but i wanted it for a trail bike. What are the san ans like to ride xc?

i use girvins on the front and it balances out quitre nicely...ride xc round thetford and it was very smooth..as its not heavy at all it sprints and climbs very well...the dh goes without saying..ps why are you replacing the shock?is it fubarred....if not and ya dont want ...hows about a kindly gift for a fellow san andreas owneer in need..... :p

gibbleking":n9xbsj71 said:
ps why are you replacing the shock?is it fubarred....if not and ya dont want ...hows about a kindly gift for a fellow san andreas owneer in need..... :p

nah, the aftershock on there at the moment was running sweet, just fancied a fox one.

its on its way in the post, if i like it you can have my aftershock bud, will wait and see ;)

Have just replaced the Aftershock on my Sandy for a Fox RX.

The Aftershock had lost all it's damping and the bike was feeling like a rocking horse to ride. :oops:

The RX is a lot better. The damping can be turned right up to get a nice controlled ride. A big improvement over the old shock. :cool:

snow001.jpg

Back