1996 MERLIN XLM frame & MERLIN Ti handlebar

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I will regret this later but here's up for sale my beautiful 1996 MERLIN METALWORKS XLM.

xlm_1_zps4cf745ec.jpg

Serial: XM749
Size: 18.75"
Toptube length: 23"
Headset: 1 1/8"
Seatpost: 27.2mm
Seatpost collar: integrated, with titanium bolt
FD type: 34.9mm top pull
Bottom bracket: Threaded 68mm
Geometry: For 50-60mm travel suspension forks
Weight: 1,39 kg

Condition: EXCELLENT! No dings, no dents, no nicks, no chainsuck - just awesome.
There are some small marks in a couple of decals (see photos) but other than that, it's superb.

The Extralight Mountain is one of the most beautiful and lightest titanium frames of the era with its coke bottle seat stays and asymmetrical chain stays. The one sided rear canti hanger is one of the stand-out points as well.

PRICE: SOLD for 850€

I have also for sale a MERLIN TITANIUM HANDLEBAR

These are rare as hen's teeth! It's very seldom that one can find these original Merlin ti bars available.
It's 560mm wide and comes with a shim to fit 25.4mm stems.

merlin_bar1_zps6d275c1f.jpg

PRICE: SOLD for 150€
The frame buyer will have the first option for the bar (if bought together with the frame, the price will be 100€) but I will take reservations for the bar though.

Photos of the frame and the bar can be found here:
http://s43.photobucket.com/user/kailind ... ike/merlin

For clarity's sake I should say that the brown in BB shell is remains of copper paste (so that BB wouldn't seize in titanium frame)...

Hotwheels.":2s1vk6rx said:
Man up and get it bought :cool:

Don't think the Ti Fat would be happy bout that. :LOL: New Years resolution, the grass may look greener but it's prolly really AstroTurf.

Thing is I nabbed a as new Ti Salsa regulator seatpost and Ti Bonty saddle that are a perfect fit for this.

Stop it...think about taking the kid to Euro Disney :facepalm: :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 857
Back