1996 Kona Sex Too Project

Re:

Howdy

yeah it's going pretty well, Has a different rear shock than the one below and also running different tyres now but the rest is pretty much as it is now. Has ended up with more modern bits that originally planned but it's my main goto bike at the moment so need it to function.

14667318405_902c17a8bb_b.jpg

Below is from last weekend.

14827286340_a1efdd9b66_o.jpg

Re:

Rides really well with the new rear shock, the lock out it such a great addition. It comes in at 13kg I think and I have lots of fun on it. One think I wish for at times is disk brakes. You really notice the lack of them when riding in a group of modern bikes.

Lots of fun and it has definitely got be back into MTB bikes.

Looking good feller, never owned a kona me self and the full suspension bikes just past me by :LOL: lot mates had kona explosives etc fair bit mud also, :shock:

Re:

Nice build. I like to see a mix of modern and retro to keep a bike useable. I think it's authentic too - Had a Kona Sex One in 1996 and loved it but the original forks were awful and couldn't wait to upgrade. So in the 1990s my bikes were always a mix of parts from different years, I never kept the original spec for long.

Like the colour of this one too

Re:

Thanks Guys, yeah its much more rideable with the modern bits. Pretty fun to cruise around on. The 98 Zaskar LE I am just about to finish will be much more period correct.

Back