1996 Kona Explosif-small update 12-10-10

thank you all for kind words - I'm also very happy with it :D

@ stevemar: I think that in 96 the Maguras, compared to the standard canti brakes, offered superior brake power, especialy with brake boosters mounted. Grip Shift works fine for me, as do Shimano

@ takkischitt: great you have original tyres - I gave mine away to a friend years ago, thought I would never need them again,.....
forkboots I have also, but in my opinion it destroys the clean look of the bike, and as I dont think to use the bike in the future, it doesn't matter at all ---> Garage Queen :oops:

I`m looking for another classic Kona, for everydays use ;)

some details:

P1010068.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010035.jpg

I'm still amazing at how immaculate your bike is...! your rite tho about the fork boots, def make it look less perfect... can you still get the nessesary parts/equipment to service the Judy XC's...? mine are basically rigid now..

from being away at uni for 4 years and my bike being stored in a garage I have noticed a bit of rust here and there on it... headset etc... wish I had a garage were I could work on it now... :cry:

Kona Explosif

Gorgeous condition .... I have just acquired a Kona Explosif 1996 in this lovely green colour .... rode it on Saturday and it climbs like a mountain goat and flies down hill like an eagle....

Photo to come..

Cooperman

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

wow cool looking great loving it, same frame as what i got, (i mean what wifes got :LOL: :LOL: )

Your Explosif and my Lava Dome

Magas,

Yours is an excellent ride, thanks for your comments but my Lava Dome is just a careful overhaul and not a patch on the condition of your Explosif.

I always liked that colour and, as other have said, the judy forks go well with the frame.

I tried to find some Hot Dog grips but had to settle for the still easily available but relatively plain Kona Race light grips.

flyingfinn

Back