1996 Ink Blue Zaskar

dirttorpedo":le3soazj said:
That looks awesome!

I find it pretty funny that I just bought the identical bar for my Zaskar. Twins!

:LOL:

Just don't go looking for a matching fork if you want to be riding it any time soon, it took me years to find mine! :roll:

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished.

cherrybomb":1rpnww99 said:
dirttorpedo":1rpnww99 said:
That looks awesome!

I find it pretty funny that I just bought the identical bar for my Zaskar. Twins!

:LOL:

Just don't go looking for a matching fork if you want to be riding it any time soon, it took me years to find mine! :roll:

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished.

No worries there - I'm a big fan of Bombers and I have one on it already (although it may need a rebuild). It will only get replaced if I can find a nice Z.1 or Z.2 as an upgrade. I'm still waiting for the new front mech and I've had a bit of a shipping snafu on the bars so they're going to take a bit longer. I may just get it going with the flat bars first. How long is the stem you've got mounted?

It's about 120. I could do with a shorter one if I'm honest. I do have a slightly shorter one, but it's for a 11/8" steerer so won't fit (my forks are 1" so I'm using reducer shims).

I'll have to measure it now you've asked. :D

cherrybomb":2eznv025 said:
It's about 120. I could do with a shorter one if I'm honest. I do have a slightly shorter one, but it's for a 11/8" steerer so won't fit (my forks are 1" so I'm using reducer shims).

I'll have to measure it now you've asked. :D

I have a nice looking 120mm retro Tioga that looks sweet on the bike (t looks very similar to the one you're running which is why I asked), but I'm worried its too long. I had the bike set up with 100mm and a riser and it was a very nice ride. I may put a silver Thompson on it if I can't find a short retro one (Syncros, raceface, Kore, Controltech, etc.).

OK.

Measured the stem and its 135mm. I have a 115mm in 11/8" which is probably a better length with the risers.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a shorter one in 1"

A couple more pictures while I'm here:

347419e0-3425-4d12-92d7-c3511130efa3.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

21c02b8a-f8e7-405e-8cc7-6007e8c15df3.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Re:

Ok, so this is there mother of all thread resurrections (well maybe not) but anyway....

Hi everyone- long time no posts. Life has been, shall we say- interesting? This has meant retrobikes taking a back seat for longer than I might have imagined or hoped, but what can you do, you've just got to grin and bear it right?

As you may remember, back in the mists of time, I had been looking for a 94-95 ink blue Zaskar frame for what seemed like an eternity. In the end I managed to get hold of a 96 in the correct colour, which seemed to be as close as I was going to get.

So- fast forward two years and I spotted something on ebay..............

Could it be????

The colour looked a bit off & it wasn't clear if it was original anodising or paint- the decals were certainly wrong so it was difficult to tel (and a question to the seller didn't help either).

Well it was up for £50 so I thought- just walk away, it will be gone soon at that price. Well, I looked again two days later and it was still listed & now at £40 !!!

BUY BUY!

It arrived and it is anodised. Interestingly it is an October 93 frame so should be too early to be ink blue?

But that's the thing; it isn't really ink blue- it has a kind of petrol blue thing going on. Its definitely original but it's an unusual colour. I'd have said it had faded but it's too uniform. Anyway, Gil was approached for another set of his fine decals and I'm now the proud owner of this......

b6cdc0ee-95ee-4630-a81f-170daf613b7c.jpg

Am I chuffed? - Hell yeah!

Hopefully you can see the colour difference in the photo. The 96 frames were a darker hue, but not that different to the earlier colour. In real life the difference is even more noticeable.

Anyway, the bike will now be built up with the earlier frame. It's closer to the one I had back in the day and I just love the thinner tubes when compared to the 96.

Anyone want a nice ink blue 18" Zaskar frame with 95 decals???

Re:

why not ask the member you bought it from way back when in the first place, as it seems he regretted selling it ...

;)

Back