1996 GT Team LTS - Update 02.02.11

Hopefully just got my hands on this lovely pair of Judy SLs to make the build a little bit more period correct. Will be sticking with the Manitous for now, while I rebuild the Judys with nice new internals and a travel increase :)
judysl_604.jpg

UPDATE 29.11.2010

A few more bits & pieces, thanks to James_Geldart :)

V Brakes (got the rest of the bits too)
DSC03932.jpg

Medium Cage Rear Mech
DSC03931.jpg

Front Mech
DSC03927.jpg

I've also got matching XT Shifters/Brake Levers but can't find a pic at the moment!

Could do with a chainset to go with it all, so let me know if you've got anything!

Glad i've seen this thread, cant wait to see it built!!

It's really funny, that your gonna build as how i had it, almost!

xt vbrakes
Judy sl's
xt rapidfire
Hope hubs(red) on 217 sups
Middleburn dh crank(rs3's), red spider
Dean ti post

the worst thing is i havn't any pics of her :( found some old photos the other day but that was of my 95 Zaskar le, brought tears to my eye.

All the best with the build Mark

Have lots of fun with her, i did :cool:

gm1230126":1d6k196z said:
Get those parts mounted! :D :D :D Your first ride's going to be in the snow at this pace. :D :D :D

Yeah, winter 2011 by the looks of it!

Still got quite a bit to do, but don't have the budget to do it at the moment! Got my nice shiny hubs today though so I'm a bit more cheerful :)

Here's my LTS rebuild, first picture with Gil_M's decals in place...

As a bike - I maintain it's the best I've ridden...

P1000511.jpg

Better pic (No decals though...)

P1000447.jpg

Manky pedals and red hope front wheel have been replaced. Front wheel in other pic - a radially spoked Blue Hope... which compliments the half radial blue hope rear...

UPDATE 9.1.2011

New Rims (No, they're not cracked, it's a reflection!):
Rims_0011.jpg

And a nice shiny front triangle, complete with new decals (thanks gil_m!)
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

I cleaned the front triangle by first going over it with some fine (0000) wire wool and sugar soap solution. This removed all dirt and grime. I then cleaned the areas where I was going to apply the decals with white spirit. I haven't polished it yet but judging by how it's cleaned up so far, it'll polish up really nicely.

The chainstays were a bit of a bugger to get off - the main bottom pivot cups were fairly well seized, but a few stern taps with a long socket and hammer and they soon gave up and came out :)

I'm getting a full roller bearing kit from BETD at the end of the month. Once this has been fitted, the rest of the kit that I've acquired will go on. I've still got a few more bits & pieces to get and it might take me a few months thanks to the fact I've taken a HUGE paycut at work, but it'll get there :)

Back