1996 Claud Butler Cape Wrath 653 (The Blue one)

Re:

I also noticed that the pedals changed that year, to the ‘Titanium Coloured’ Tioga Surefoot 31, I’ve got a pair of them so that’s an easy fix at the weekend.

I was looking for a pair of black ones and ran across this thread :)

Don't suppose you still have a pair you'd be willing to part with?

I broke a pedal on my friend's bike, and I'd like to replace it with the same thing if I can...

Cheers

Al.

Re: Re:

80sPeugeot":3jzlxsry said:
I also noticed that the pedals changed that year, to the ‘Titanium Coloured’ Tioga Surefoot 31, I’ve got a pair of them so that’s an easy fix at the weekend.

I was looking for a pair of black ones and ran across this thread :)

Don't suppose you still have a pair you'd be willing to part with?

I broke a pedal on my friend's bike, and I'd like to replace it with the same thing if I can...

Cheers

Al.

Oops, just seen this... no sorry... :|

I'm on light duties at the moment.. :(

So, I’m going through my list of little jobs, next on the list was to install some Sugino “Autex”, their term for a one key crank bolt. I’d bought these to go with the Sugino made White Industries crank set that was going to go on my Titanius before I came across some “real” USA made WI cranks. Then I remembered my ’96 Cape Wrath had the Sugino WI cranks (and was actually the original inspiration for the ‘What if?’ Titanius…..)

Anyway, 2 minute job done I then turned my attention to a catalogue correct but slightly scruffy Tioga ‘Cotton’ saddle that was Karmed to me by RBG with some other bits & bats.
This was the more textured version of the same saddle I already have on the Cape (I found a mint road version with blue/black fo-leather) which I won’t bother swapping out, but it’s nice to have the exact right one even if it will only live on display in the workshop.

Right, best get on with the restoration…namely some scuff damage to the vinyl and the plastic edge and re stretching/gluing the vinyl down.

First remove the remanence of the old contact adhesive with some IPA spray solvent remover then a simple re-application using some Unibond contact adhesive.

Next job fill in the scuffed cover with some Leather restorer’s black heavy filler.

Then sand back the scuffed plastic starting with 240 & finishing with 1200 wet & dry..

Then polish with Xerapol plastic polish

Quietly pleased with final repair, just a shame the graphics weren’t in better condition, but then hey..it was free! :D

Attachments

• IMG_7263.jpg
    IMG_7263.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 649
  • IMG_7264.jpg
    IMG_7264.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 649
  • IMG_7289.JPG
    IMG_7289.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_7290.JPG
    IMG_7290.JPG