1996 Claud Butler Cape Wrath 653 (The Blue one)

Re:

I vaguely remember the early White Industries stuff being fitted to Ritchey team bikes in the early 90s.Love the Cape Wrath btw,my first "proper" bike was a Vantage,myself and my buddies used to drool over Cape Wraths and the Anteus in the local bike shop,all totally out of reach.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":3trovt3e said:
myself and my buddies used to drool over Cape Wraths and the Anteus in the local bike shop,all totally out of reach.

Me too, back in 1992 I'd just finished Uni and was in debt up to my armpits and had to sell my Raliegh Record Sprint just to get a rental deposit...I used to look at these bikes and wonder if I'd ever earn enough....

So, I’ve been doing some baking over in the bake-off tent;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=392821&p=2969764#p2969764

A nice pair of TIOGA Psycho II 1:95 tyres, with dark blue tread & black walls.
Catalogue correct for this build, so I thought I’d better add to this thread as well. (Oh, and she’s entered into this months BotM if you fancy wasting a vote on an underdog!) ;) :roll:

These are to replace the more modern pair of 1:95 Tioga Factories I put on the Cape whilst waiting for these Psychos to appear over the horizon. Incidentally I gave them both a weigh-in and not surprisingly the more modern tyre was slightly lighter. 78g for the Psycho & 70g for the Factory.

Anyway, the blue looks great in the sunlight, even if they look a little dull compared to the paint in the photo below…… :cool:

Attachments

• TiogaPsychoII (5).JPG
    TiogaPsychoII (5).JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 602
  • TiogaPsychoII (4).JPG
    TiogaPsychoII (4).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 602
  • TiogaPsychoII (2).JPG
    TiogaPsychoII (2).JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 602
  • TiogaPsychoII (1).JPG
    TiogaPsychoII (1).JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 602
Retro Spud":1ve7qdg4 said:
Looking good Mr Peachy... looking good

Cheers Spud. It’s the first time I’ve played with my bikes in months... it reminded me that it’s good for the soul...

Yesterday I got my hands on the Claud Butler 1996 catalogue. :D :D :D :D :D
And I must admit was surprised that the White Industries crank set was original spec on this year, I had wrongly assumed the spec would have been the same as the ’95 version with all Deore LX kit, which saves me the job I had planned of swapping this out… I also noticed that the pedals changed that year, to the ‘Titanium Coloured’ Tioga Surefoot 31, I’ve got a pair of them so that’s an easy fix at the weekend.
Just need that Tioga Cotton saddle and ever elusive water bottle…. :|

Attachments

• 1996 Claud Butler Cape Wrath Midnight Blue.jpg
    1996 Claud Butler Cape Wrath Midnight Blue.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 528
Just noticed ... they bloody well changed the tyre spec from Psycho II in 95 to Psycho KS in 96 ffs!!!! :facepalm:
Sod this catalogue correct malarkey....... :(

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqJyIOn80iA[/youtube]

Tioga Gold is on it's way home to papa...... :cool:

Attachments

• Tioga Gold.jpg
    Tioga Gold.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 364
Now I’ve got some time on my hands, I thought I’d better finish this one off once and for all…..

NOS Tioga Power Studs & the seat looks great, as do the Tioga Power clips, bottles and cages… and just to “cap” it off a tidy ahead topcap…..

Attachments

• 1996 Cape Wrath 653 (1).jpg
    1996 Cape Wrath 653 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4918.jpg
    IMG_4918.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_4909.jpg
    IMG_4909.jpg