1996 Blizzard vs 30th Anniversary

New one looks ace, also looks a bit shorter than my 2006 Blizzard, maybe the TT is even more sloped or something.

Great bikes either way, look right and handle very well :D

The rear mechs and paintjobs are the same. Everything else appears to be different :)

Top tube on the 2011 has mad slopiness.

I think the 2011 catalogue bike is a size 16.5 and the 1996 one is a 17.5.

However the quoted horizontal top tube lengths are very similar - 96 size 17.5 = 55.5cm, 2011 size 16.5 = 55.0cm

The increase in slope results from the seat tube of the 2011 bike being 2.5cm shorter, but its head tube is 1.5cm longer and its fork is 2cm longer. So altogether there is 6cm more slope in the top tube.

I must say I prefer the 2011 geometry, but I agree with Jupke as to which is the more handsome of the two.

Higher at the front, lower at the back, probably about the same in the middle where the standover's measured :)

The 2011 is quite short across the board. Pretty steep, too. Be interesting to see a pic of a bigger frame size.

thats great!!! but i'm a bit of a sucker for "retro" stuff (as in new looks like old, rather than the old version, not that I don't love the old stuff, just that the new... is well... new).

I've always found RM's , for a given frame size and standover, too short in the top tube for my liking - they feel like they should have an extra 25mm - 35mm of TT length.
I've tried to get on with them, but on both occasions ('93 and '06 Blizzards) had to come to the conclusion that I just don't gel with them.

A shame, because they are very good-looking bikes.

Mine doesn't hurt my back so it's perfect!

Like the way they still put rack mounts on their blizzards :D

Blizzard

To be fair, the original is far from original. I did like the fact that high end RMs shipped with Raceface cranks back in the early 90s.

The original one is by far the best. The modern one looks all wrong with the long fork and long top tube. So 'sit up and beg' its ridiculous :LOL: :LOL:

Back