1995 Specialized S-Works JMC replica

For those who may not have seen my thread in the general chat section, latest update on my bike/my dirt locations hunt...

Took my humble little replica to see Mr Tomkins yesterday!!

45314718754_bf5b34e9d1_c.jpg

45989209622_672c3919b9_c.jpg

45314716824_9e83af287e_c.jpg

So it is update time again, been moving along nicely with more parts for this over the last year since update, and especially in the last few months!

Correct Dt HuGi hubs sourced and built onto 'almost right' mavic 121 rims (non ceramic unfortunately) but partway right.

And the best bit for me, and one i was starting to think that i wouldn't find, a full set of front and rear Avid Tri Align brakes, front and rear, with Tri Dangle's and straddle cables too, all in silver so needed anodising...

49292136896_b2e491f41a_c.jpg

So after a couple of good recommendations from a few people on fb, including Danson, i knew that Acorn Plating would be the best place to send them to be done in red, so they were stripped and packaged up...

]
49292333297_c579e692da_c.jpg

And in less than a week, a package returned containing this stunning little collection of red bits...

49292333092_0a63599d3e_c.jpg

And the overall item once the brakes and new wheels had been fitted, also had a newer set of Team Control and Team Master tyres since the last update, which have much clearer logos and happier looking sidewalls too..

49292332882_6c0d98151b_c.jpg

And the brake just look simply amazing, so happy to have finally got them..

49292332637_12fc279150_c.jpg

49292332557_900ec28687_c.jpg

And the view down to the hubs is absolutely amazing i think...

49291646448_48b89238f5_c.jpg

49291646918_850938b75f_c.jpg

And i genuinely don't seem to have any pics, but there is also a new old stock m910 rear mech on there, and a new old stock xt m737 cassette (looks quite a lot like an m900 cassette, only without the three figure price tag) and an HG71 chain on there as well, so the drivetrain looks absolutely sublime....

I shall get some better pictures when the weather pics up, but for now have these lol.

Re:

Hi there everybody - lovely build, and Happy 2020 coming up :!: :xmas-wink:

I am just now embarking on a nos Ti frame build, and have the option of using an M-900 brake set (the rest of the drive train will be same); or, I also have a full set of Tri-align brakes that I could use instead. I think the Avid system would look uber cool ... as it's rawly mechanical/industrial appeal would set off the un-painted titanium nature of the whole project in a way that the (also very lovely) M-900 canti's can't (pun intended).

So ... my question is: how much of a pain was it, to install and set up the Tri-align brake system (I've heard mixed reviews about this so far, and some first hand feed-back from a fellow retro-builder who has had some immediate experience would be greatly appreciated)?

kr

Re: Re:

k-rod":gxxu8xjy said:
Hi there everybody - lovely build, and Happy 2020 coming up :!: :xmas-wink:

So ... my question is: how much of a pain was it, to install and set up the Tri-align brake system (I've heard mixed reviews about this so far, and some first hand feed-back from a fellow retro-builder who has had some immediate experience would be greatly appreciated)?

kr

Good evening, firstly apologies for a late reply, been a little hectic over Christmas as you can imagine.

They are a little fiddly as you tighten the top bolt to put clamp tension on the brake arm and the lower bolt to put tension on the brake pad arm, if this makes sense.
Lining them up can be tricky but once you've figured it out they're reasonably simple to do in fairness, i quite enjoyed doing them :eek:

jimo746":gxxu8xjy said:
I'm looking forward to 2020, if only to see this bike in my calendar :D

You're such a flirt, thankyou very kindy, I opened my calendar yesterday to see the stunning Yeti C-26, and it does surprise me that my little replica is in there as well, alongside all those other gorgeous bikes, makes me feel rather humbled tbf :LOL:

Re:

Thank you for the beta ... I think I shall have a run with the Tri-aligns, as opposed to M-900's.

Back