1995 project sex too

I bought mine as a frame only, and have collected a seat post and saddle, Impact headset, Velocity stem (no top cap), Race light bars (should be Titec), High Command Levers, Ritchey Logic brake arms, and an M737 rear mech. Actually I have a set of M737 hubs too, but not really started to do anything with it. I have been trying to build it up as cheaply as possible so happy to wait. I think I have the seat post and saddle fitted at the mo so will do pic's like that. It is in original Kula Gold with decals, but has loads of scrapes. Front Triangle is alloy so I toyed with the idea of polishing it and getting repro decals made in Gold as a tribute to the original scheme, but the more I think about it I think I want it to look original. There is now a 1995 Kona catalogue on here if you take a look around, quite a recent addition I believe.

cool i've already downloaded that thanks anyhow ;) when i got mine it was a miss match of parts not much was original worst luck i have got a titec bar for it mind :D if i can find the pics of it when i bought it i will post them not very good quality mind.

when i bought it

Attachments

• !Bot+6+g!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4+BLokn2J18w~~_35[1].jpg
    !Bot+6+g!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4+BLokn2J18w~~_35[1].jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,455
  • !Bot+83g!2k~$(KGrHqQOKkIEu,beM5MJBLokn8WU7Q~~_35[1].jpg
    !Bot+83g!2k~$(KGrHqQOKkIEu,beM5MJBLokn8WU7Q~~_35[1].jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,455
  • !Bou!ChQ!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4+BLokoPryCQ~~_14[1].jpg
    !Bou!ChQ!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4+BLokoPryCQ~~_14[1].jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,455
  • !Bou!!EgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKkMEu,(Ivz3BBLokoHmmdw~~_14[1].jpg
    !Bou!!EgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKkMEu,(Ivz3BBLokoHmmdw~~_14[1].jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,455
the shocks are different it had the correct front and rear mech but the main giveaway was the gold paint under the red :LOL:

Are you sure it's gold and not just the yellow primer I can see under the black on the rear triangle? That front mech looks like an LX to me rather than an XT, hard to tell though. Catalogue spec that should have had M737 XT components and a Sugino crank, although mine came with some crank arms that are different but then they probably weren't original.

I had noticed from the catalogue that the tubing was different but didn't realise it would be visibly different, so you are 100% sure that it is a Too then and not a One?

Back