1995 Kilauea - Rusty Rat

This has to be the best Kona I've clapped eyes on . Pity you didn't bring it to the Surrey Hills ride last year instead of that shiny thing :facepalm: ;)
Keep up the neglect ! :LOL:

Mike

I like the way this goes,
natural deterioration elevated to the level of art,
almost science,

keep up the good work, let the elements rule.

raidan73":1a0jnwhq said:
The one next to the wheelbarrow is my favourite :D

Which one is the wheelbarrow? Hard to tell the difference... :shock: The extra wheel was the giveaway.. :LOL:

thats really cool...I have a suggestion...

Gil M makes decals for this bike. You could have him print you some reverse soda blast masks, and soda blast the rust away from only what is exposed, leaving only "kona logos" in clean steel...then you could do a matte clearcost over the entire frame to keep the entire thing in its "final" state...

34henry3w":301azoqk said:

Gil M makes decals for this bike. You could have him print you some reverse soda blast masks, and soda blast the rust away from only what is exposed, leaving only "kona logos" in clean steel...then you could do a matte clearcost over the entire frame to keep the entire thing in its "final" state...

Thats a really cool idea!

34henry3w":37vjtogm said:

Thanks chaps :cool: Yes sounds like a good idea, I will have to investigate, Its been rat like now for nearly 2 years and the ratty-ness could be quite well established :LOL:

i would imagine you would want to get the cad files and have a mask cut out on thin sheetmetal with some sort of cnc machine/water jet? the metal should be thin enough that you can wrap it around the frame.

That would be a good mask that would get blown off with the soda..

This bike just gets more and more cool with age , unlike me :LOL:
I'm amazed that it hasn't failed yet . What tubing is it GM ? Do you dry it of after you wash it or just leave it ?
Mike

Latest posts

Back