1995 Diamond Back WCF Vertex

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
This has been on my Ebay watch list for quite a while, I have a 1995 shaped hole in my collection and this seems like an interesting frame, I told myself if it was still there after Christmas I'd buy it. Paul @onza100 is a user on here and kindly gave me a discount and sent it out really well packaged and super quickly. Can't fault the service, thanks a lot Paul! 👍

I have a couple of options for the build, trying to decide between full XT M737 or Sachs Quarz with Magura HS22s? Also forks, was going to fit a Judy as I have a couple sitting around but would quite like something carbon I think. Pace is the obvious choice but I'm thinking maybe an AMP F3 would be good or possibly a Girvin Crosslink? DSC_0650.JPG

These look like nice framesets, I like the paint job too. Sachs & Magura sound interesting to me, seems like more of a "Euro" build?

@jimo746 it seems to be nicely built, weighs in at 1793g or a smidge under 4lbs and yes I like the paint too. I think I'll probably go down the Sachs/Magura route, it's a bit more interesting than XT. I see what you're saying about 'Euro' build but when you think about it it's probably no different to covering it in Japanese parts, it's just that that's more normal.:)

@vtwinvince that's good to hear! I'm currently trying to resist the temptation of stripping another bike so I can try it! :)
I spent a while this afternoon hunting for the 1 1/8" threadless Judy crown I knew I had somewhere before slowly coming to the realisation that I flipping well sold it. Bollocks!

Agreed, mine has a Rock Shox unit which works great but looks a little too modern, so I might swap it out for something more period. I think these bikes, like all DBR's, don't get a lot of respect in the vintage scene, but they are well engineered and built.

I don't understand why DBR aren't more "visible" in the retro mtbs arena, from memory they had a prominent & successful racing team & always had some cool ads in the bike mags 🤷🏼‍♂️
It does look 👍🏻 with a Manitou forks btw

Back