1995 Diamond Back WCF Vertex

Very cool, have you taken it for a spin?
No not yet, the brake cable is now secured to the toptube so I've just got to faff around with the fork a bit. I'll take it out once I've done that probably at the weekend. I'm hoping it rides well because I really like the look of it and it seems like a nicely built frame.

Been playing with this again, I'd fitted my Avid cantis and levers for the full pre Sram treatment but they were always destined for a Bontrager!
_20230407_111503.JPG
So back to the Maguras, fitted some Smoke and Dart tyres for riding and a 50mm Judy SL instead of the 63mm XC. The Titec post was slipping so despite a 27.2 Kalloy post not fitting which is what made me use the 27.0 Titec in the first place, I went back to the original plan and fitted the Zoom post.
The drivetrain was giving me shit. As much as I hate to say it, I just couldn't get the gears to index properly with the Sachs chain and cassette? Switched them to an XT M737 cassette and a KMC chain and it works perfectly. Also swapped the outer ring to a Pace as the other one was a: new and b: meant for singlespeed use.
Fitted a titanium Titec bar just because I had it laying around. DSC_0800.JPG DSC_0801.JPG DSC_0802.JPG

Back