For Sale 1995 21" Orange P7 + Bits

Mr Scruff

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1995 Orange P7 21”

Have to admit to myself that I just don’t use this, so offering up for sale. Not 100% sure I’m doing the right thing but I so rarely ride it these days it feels like a waste.

As you can probably tell from the pictures this bike is something of a mongrel. A friend of mine bought the frame new from CycleCare in High Wycombe after he was knocked off his Marin. He proceeded to swap all the bits over he could from his old frame, then I bought it from him around and used it to commute to work on it for a good few years. As things wore out I upgraded where I could, or just swapped out what I had to hand (hence the ‘eclectic’ spec).

Photos flatter the frame a bit I think, it’s pretty speckled in places, happy to provide more pics on request. At one point the bottom bracket was stuck, so head was applied to get it out.

Frame: 1995 (?) Orange P7 21”/XL in nickel. Pretty sure it’s 21” at least!

Forks: Adding them all in here – at the moment it has some Pace RC36s, but also have a set of RC36 EVOs (I think?) which are included, and also the original rigid F7 forks that it came with. Please assume that the forks will need serviced – will also include the RC36 EVO service manual. My knowledge of Pace forks isn’t great, happy for anyone to chip in and explain what the two types are.

Headset: Chris King 1” (also have a SLX – I think – headset that I used with the threaded forks that I’ll include)
Stem: Profile 1” (original, very battered/tarnished SK8 quill stem included)
Handlebar: Orange SuperCross Bronze riser
Grips: Yeti
Brakes: XTR M950 V brakes (also comes with a spare set, though if memory serves these are actually broken as the spring has come unstuck, included as spares anyway – see pictures). Note, this bike should really have cantis – these work but not really period correct. Then again, nor is the rest of the bike.
Shifters: XTR M952 combined levers and shifters. NOTE – the left shifter isn’t great and needs to be lifted upwards to make it shift properly. Not sure if this is something that can be adjusted or not
Front Derailleur:
XT Erm, forgot to check! M750 I think
Rear Derailleur:
XT M950 (9 speed)
Cranks:
LX M569 175mm

Hub Skewers: KORE
Rims:
REAR – Mavic 217, FRONT Mavic 517
Hubs:
XTR M950
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph

Saddle: WTB rubbish
Seatpost: USE

Note that the pedals aren’t included, not that you’d want them anyway as they’re rubbish.

Familiar story, at present I’d prefer not to split as I don’t really have the time or the energy to package and post all the separate items. Collection only from High Wycombe.

Given all the kit that’s included am looking for £450 – happy to listen to offers if people think I’m way off though.

IMG_2270.JPG IMG_2271.JPG IMG_2272.JPG IMG_2273.JPG IMG_2274.JPG IMG_2275.JPG IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2277.JPG IMG_2278.JPG IMG_2279.JPG

I know in the ad you don't want to break up the bike to sell separately, but thought Id ask about whether the rigid f7 forks could go separately?

Best wishes!

David

Not right now I’m afraid, I just don’t have the bandwidth to sort separate pricing and shipping.

I will likely end up splitting but Jan is my busy month with work so will have to be after that. Assuming I’ve not descended into madness by that time! ;)

Thanks for the kind response! I'm trying to source parts for an Orange E3 build, so the F7 forks would be slightly different to the stock F9 alu forks. But I'm getting to the point where any period correct rigids will fit the bill!

Based on the components you have on the bike (especially the 1" Chris King headset) I'd say you've priced the bike incredibly well as there is some valuable stuff there!

Please feel free to PM me about the rigids should you change your mind down the line! Oh and are they Alu or steel as they look rust free?

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Hi all, my apologies, I’ve not been on Retrobike for ages!

Is still available; I’ve nabbed the back wheel and one pair of the Pace forks for another project but rest is still here.

Let me get some updated pictures as with only one wheel I can’t sell as a whole bike!

Back