1994 WTB Phoenix SE

tam_shadow":2rr5300q said:
GoldenEraMTB":2rr5300q said:
Tthat makes sense to build with what you've got; M900 kit would be dorky bliss on that frame though (love the color) :D

might have located a donor for a 93 "alternate" build kit...not M900 though - care to hazard a guess to the group? :D

hmmmm, alternate to m900, and for 1993? Not much to choose from as far as a complete group; it would have to be either Suntour XC Pro or Campagnolo Record OR?

wait wait...or maybe Mavic, but that would just be the ultimate retro grouch vintage setup :twisted:

so which is it??? don't tease.

XC Pro indeed, those rear clusters are enough trouble hate to also need the special tools for a Mavic setup...it's still teaser stage as I have expressed interest in a broken bike with few miles on it in storage for decade ++ - hope I haven't jinxed myself counting chickens :oops:

tam_shadow":16qk3715 said:
XC Pro indeed, those rear clusters are enough trouble hate to also need the special tools for a Mavic setup...it's still teaser stage as I have expressed interest in a broken bike with few miles on it in storage for decade ++ - hope I haven't jinxed myself counting chickens :oops:

that's going to be a sweet setup :cool:

I've been guilty of counting chickens; hope it works out for you.

PROGRESS!! - dragged it out of the garage in fading light to snap some quick pics, I will update once it's dialed in but these should give you the idea.

I didn't really plan a "theme" but pretty much turned out a subtle black and silver parts mix - 25 pounds as pictured.
phx2_01.jpg

Ended up reusing the rear rim - still need a decent skewer set.
phx2_02.jpg

Tasty cranks and M900 front mech
phx2_03.jpg

SRAM 9.0 front V, under appreciated kit IMHO
phx2_04.jpg

The business end - still undecided on cutting down the grey Oury grips, and yes I know the bars are newer than I thought.
phx2_05.jpg

Shakedown planned for the weekend.

utahdog2003":2s1wqdlt said:
GoldenEraMTB":2s1wqdlt said:
andrewl":2s1wqdlt said:
GoldenEraMTB":2s1wqdlt said:
I'm collecting a build for my Phoenix as well;

Every man and his dog seems to have one :LOL:

:? are you implying I'm a dog

;) :LOL:

He was just being prophetic...that a dog WOULD be getting one. :cool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Eric, nice update; looks like a purposeful, tough build. Love that old Phoenix frame. It's a newer fork, yet doesn't seem to lift the front much, nice. I think you mentioned this previously.

GoldenEraMTB":2jrnu1jm said:
Eric, nice update; looks like a purposeful, tough build. Love that old Phoenix frame. It's a newer fork, yet doesn't seem to lift the front much, nice. I think you mentioned this previously.

Frame is suspension corrected so the X-Fly reduced to 60mm should be PURRFECT.

Back