1994 Rocky Mountain Blizzard... Updated PICS

Re: 1994 Rocky Mountain Blizzard... Tange Struts Time!

Revolutions obviously! I wish I never sold mine, although they were cracked and still fetched >100 euro. As for the gruppo, Blizzards were never top-spec, so I would be inclined to go with something like XT m737, maybe with the m900 rear derailleur.

zonoskar":b9ve5mi1 said:
Revolutions obviously! I wish I never sold mine, although they were cracked and still fetched >100 euro. As for the gruppo, Blizzards were never top-spec, so I would be inclined to go with something like XT m737, maybe with the m900 rear derailleur.

Tempting, but wouldn't the revolution go better on a Ti frame?

Really? I always thought the blizzard had the top of the line group?

As far as I can remember, Blizzard was always XT spec. But I think a lot of them were bought frame-only, so you can make your own spec.

Spooky,

I only saw this outside my local Morrisons the other day. Took the best shots I could in the glorious weather :D

Attachments

• nICKS PICS 025 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    nICKS PICS 025 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 348
  • nICKS PICS 026 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    nICKS PICS 026 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 348
  • nICKS PICS 024 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    nICKS PICS 024 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 348

FYI, Tange Struts were orig spec on 1992 only. Not to say there's anything wrong with using it on this frame. Almost had one of these 1994 models, but ended up passed on it and kind of regretted for a little while afterwards. The blue bits I now have on the Brodie Sovereign was originally intended for a 1992 or 1994 blizzard in white.

Crantinope":36hm0o9z said:
Spooky,

I only saw this outside my local Morrisons the other day. Took the best shots I could in the glorious weather :D

That's a 92 model. ;)

RockiMtn":1sl61b1u said:
FYI, Tange Struts were orig spec on 1992 only. Not to say there's anything wrong with using it on this frame. Almost had one of these 1994 models, but ended up passed on it and kind of regretted for a little while afterwards. The blue bits I now have on the Brodie Sovereign was originally intended for a 1992 or 1994 blizzard in white.

True, that's were I got them from =)

I wanted to put a Syncros power lite on it but I want to go threaded... Both the struts and power lite I have need steer extensions... I can extend the struts close enough to the Crown to go threadless quill but with the power lite I need to stay far from the crown so only threadless is an option... Unless someone has a crown with long steer laying around =)

I need to find someone who can press the steer out of a crown I have to I can buy franks good crown and blades... unless you want to sell me the struts of course.

*ahem* you mean "press in" as a the Syncros crown already has the steerer pressed out. also, i have a set of Struts with a fairly long steerer. ;)

RockiMtn":3qvo9srq said:
*ahem* you mean "press in" as a the Syncros crown already has the steerer pressed out. also, i have a set of Struts with a fairly long steerer. ;)

No I mean press out, because I have a crown with a steerer of the length I need (over 190mm) but it doesn't make sense to buy franks crown until I can find someone to remove mine (and presumably press it into the other crown). My crown is toast. Seized bolts.

Back